Medicinal uses of Aloe Vera for Skin Care
Aloe Vera Scientific Name: Barbadensis Mill / Aloe Indica Royle
Other Common Names for the Aloe Plant: Chinese Aloe, Indian Aloe, True Aloe, Barbados Aloe, Burn Aloe, First Aid Plant.
Aloe Vera gel can be used for all skin types as well as for people with sensitive skin. Aloe Vera lotion can also be applied to all areas of skin, including your face.
The health benefits of Aloe Vera are so many that we would not be able to list them all here, below we have mentioned the benefits of applying it topically for skin care. The benefits of Aloe Vera juice are also revealed below.
Aloe Vera Health Benefits in connection with Skin Care:
* Treating wounds, burns and small cuts.
* Aloe Vera Benefits include the treatment of cysts.
* Acne Aloe Vera treatment: It is often used to treat acne.
Aloe Vera gel contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
This will help prevent infections that cause acne as well as heal the
* Aloe Vera can be used to help reduce lines and wrinkles; it contains Vitamin C and E which will help keep your skin hydrated and firm.
* It can help to prevent stretch marks by keeping the skin well hydrated.
* It can also be used to help treat the skin after sunburn, by replenishing the moisture in the skin.
* It can help soothe and heal insect bites, blisters and allergic skin reactions.
* It can help smooth out pigmentation problems of the skin.
* Aloe Vera gel can help soothe any itchy skin.
How to use Aloe Vera
You can cut the actual leaves and use it straight from its source, or you can buy it at your chemist. I find that a 90% Aloe mixture with some added vitamin E works best. You can apply this to your skin as many times as you like, the more the better. The fresh gel can be placed directly on the skin or mixed with an aqueous cream.
Make your own Aloe Vera spray for skin and hair. Scoop out all the aloe gel in a fresh Aloe leaf and mix it in the blender with water and some lemon juice. Put the mixture in a spray bottle Le voilà!
Aloe Vera Juice Health Benefits
You can also drink Aloe Vera, which will help heal your body from the inside out.
Vera juice benefits include weight loss, improved digestion and immune
function and Aloe Vera juice for detoxification is often utilized; these
are all factors that will indirectly also effect the health of your
Aloe Vera Juice Side Effects
* Drinking Aloe Vera juice may decrease blood glucose levels. People that are prone to hypoglycemia and those taking medications such as Metformin or Insulin to normalize blood sugar levels, need to be careful about drinking Aloe Vera juice.
* One of the most common Aloe Vera side effects is a runny tummy; Aloe Vera juice may have a Laxative effect.
If you have an allergy towards any plants in the Liliaceae family such
as Garlic, Onions, Lilies and/or Tulips, you might also be allergic to
How to make Aloe Vera juice:
Cut a large Aloe leaf from your Aloe plant. Let the resin drip out by holding it upside down. Cut the leaf in half and scoop the gel out, taking care not to remove the yellow part of the leaf, only take the gel. Now you can place the gel in a blender with any fruit juice, fruit and ice. Yum! My Aloe Vera juice recipe contains Aloe with Apple juice, berries and lots of crushed ice.
Where can I buy Aloe Vera plants?
Most greenhouses, nurseries and home improvement stores have them.
Other pages on remedies-for-skin in connection with Aloe Vera benefits
Want to add any of your own Aloe Vera gel facts… or share any of your Aloe Vera uses and/or Aloe Vera benefits …
Do you have something to share about this?
End of care natural product skin page