It is best to let a skin boil pop on it's own instead of trying to burst it yourself. Popping a boil can cause infection. Here are some natural boil home remedies for skin boils ripening and popping.
Treating boils with home remedies for boils
- Garlic can be taken as a natural anti-biotic. Both onion and garlic can be applied directly to the boil to draw the boil out faster.
- 1 Cup of bitter gourd juice can be mixed with one tsp of lime juice and drank on an empty stomach for a few days. This is a great remedy for blood filled boils.
- Cumin seeds can be ground into a paste with a little water and applied to boils.
- Steeped parsley can be wrapped in a muslin cloth and applied to the boil as a warm compress.
- Turmeric powder can be applied to the boils to speed up the healing.
- Drink lots of orange juice and plenty of water to cleanse your system.
- Avoid things like coffee, salt, sugar, starch and processed foods.
- An Epsom salts bath can help for many skin ailments, including boils. You can put a hand full of Epsom salts in your bath tub, every time you bath.
- Tea tree oil can be applied to the area with a little olive oil.
- Ice cubes can give symptom relief and reduce pain. Just rub the ice cubes over the boil.
- Eat lots of nutmeg either with your food or drink it in some water. Nutmeg helps to clean the blood by stimulating blood circulation. This therefore helps your body fight a bacterial infection.
- Take vitamin E,C,D, Zinc and omega 3,6 and 9 supplements.
- Aloe vera can be applied as a boil treatment, applied directly to the boil to get the boil healing faster.
A few points to remember
- Boils are contagious…try to keep it clean and disinfected before it spreads. Clean the boil with an antiseptic soap and cream.
Share your home treatment of boils… or ask any questions on how to treat a boil…
Do you have something to share about this?