- These are little sacks within the skin which are usually filled with gas, hair, liquid and other semi-solid material.
A cyst is caused because of a gland or organ that has fluid build up
that cannot be secreted. It can also be caused by a parasitic infection
like the tapeworm.
- Cysts may also become infected if not looked after properly, an infected cyst is called as abscess.
Cysts can be found on any part of the body, but are often found on the
skin in the buttock’s skin area, but also on the ovaries, kidneys,
liver, brain and inside tumors. Internal cysts very seldom become
- Most cysts are not deadly, but ovarian
cysts need to be removed, in-case they release their fluid into the
body, which can be very dangerous.
- Boils are found within a hair follicle or gland that has become
infected by bacteria. They are puss filled with the surrounding skin
areas red, swollen and painful. The boil will usually form a head and
then drain out on its own after a few days.
- Boils are also found anywhere on the body, but mostly found on the face, neck, armpits, thighs and buttocks.
- Boils are usually very painful.
- Boils are mostly caused by the bacteria staphylococcus, ingrown hairs, blocked glands and poor diet.