Coconut Oil for Skin
The reason why coconut oil for skin care is useful, is due to its healing, bacterial, viral and fungus fighting benefits. It wards off bacteria, viruses and fungi. It simultaneously feeds and heals the skin with vitamin E, omega fatty acids and anti-oxidants.
Coconut oil for Acne - Coconut oil is very neat, it can be used for so many skin treatments and remedies. It penetrates deep into the skin and draws the toxins out, this normally causes some initial extra pimples for a week or two. Coconut oil acne treatments also reduce acne scars. Read more about coconut oil acne treatment here.
- Make-up Removal & Eye Cream – Coconut oil is used in some soap recipes, and gently removes eye make up. It can even be used to remove waterproof make up, and those stubborn waxy eye shadows too. After removing the make-up, you can apply a little of the oil as an eye cream. Coconut oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and causes the pores to appear smaller.
- Shaving Cream & After Shave – Very handy as a shaving cream, especially if you have sensitive skin. It smells great, and does not have all those chemicals, that the shaving creams have. It also has wonderful antimicrobial benefits. A nice thin lather after a shave, will lock in moisture and leave the skin soft and smooth.
Moisturizer – One of the most common coconut oil benefits, just apply to any dry patches or on dry feet or elbows. The Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids nourish the skin and prevents dry skin from losing moisture. Apply some oil after a bath or shower; the coconut oil will lock in the moisture when using coconut oil for skin topically.
- Cuticle Softener – If your cuticles are dry from all the nail removers or chemicals used during dish washing or working, then massage some into your cuticles, this also helps the nails grow healthier.
Body Scrub – One of the easiest coconut oil recipes, mix a little of your favourite sugar into your oil for a beautiful body scrub, that smells great and has bacterial, viral and fungus fighting power. It will be very good on athletes foot as a pedicure, killing fungi and deodorising your feet. Coconut sugar scrub recipes
- Age Spots – The rich amounts of anti-oxidants in this oil, help prevent age spots. This oil protects against the harmful rays of the sun, this too prevents age spots.
Facial Scrub – Mix some coconut oil with a little baking soda, not too much because the baking soda is a little strong for sensitive skin. Baking soda is a very nice to exfoliate; mixed with coconut oil it makes for a beautiful smelling facial scrub.
Sun Screen – When using this oil as a sun screen, it acts as an SPF 4 to 7, which will block off the harmful rays, but ultimately works better as a tanning oil. When deciding on the level of sun protection, read more here.
Cradle Cap – Massage onto baby’s head, wait about 5 minutes and then softly rub and rinse off with a warm face cloth or sponge. Using a fine comb could also be useful.
Yeast Infection - As a home remedy for Candida or yeast infection, apply a little to the infected area daily. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties do not disturb the natural flora of the skin. Yeast infection causes
- Varicose Veins – The oil penetrates into the skin and helps the capillaries heal, because the burst capillaries show up as spider veins on the skin, the healing of these capillaries reduce the signs of spider veins.
Cellulite – Daily use of this oil on cellulite for at least a month, can permanently reduce cellulite. There have been tests done to reduce cellulite with coconut oil and dry brushing. But over-all, the coconut oil for skin was effective in that the results lasted. Effective cellulite treatments that are natural.
Psoriasis - Coconut oil is excellent at healing psoriasis from the inside and outside (internally and topically). Read more about this here.
One could also use coconut oil capsules to help the skin from the inside out, and coconut oil health benefits extend far past just mere topical use. It helps the body absorb calcium and boosts ones energy levels. Cocount oil can also be used as a daily mouth wash; Coconut oil pulling can rid the body of toxins that cause skin problems.
Back to Top of Coconut Oil for Skin
Other Pages on natural oils for skin:
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...