DIY Face Mask for Oily Skin
Top 3 DIY Face Masks for Oily Skins
Essential Oils Mask
This is the best face mask for oily skin and blackheads. When it comes to oily skin, essential oils can be very helpful.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are naturally occurring aromatic compounds which are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants.
Undiluted, they can be very strong and even burn your skin, so always check the manufacturer’s instructions, to see how you need to apply it. Most oils need to be mixed with a carrier oil first and then applied to your skin.
If you’ve never used essentials oils before – it’s probably best to do a quick skin patch test before you use them. Just place a drop of the diluted oil on your inner arm/wrist area. If you feel your skin getting warm and irritated, immediately wash the area with a mild soap and water. It could mean that you have a sensitivity to that oil, and it is not recommended that you use it. If there is no irritation, it should be safe to apply.
Here is an amazing DIY face mask for oily skin which you can make using just a few essential oils:
- 2 teaspoons cosmetic clay (this could be Bentonite clay which is usually available at most large pharmacies)
- 2-3 teaspoons low fat yogurt
- 2 drops Lemongrass or Petitgrain essential oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree oil
- Combine all your ingredients into a bowl and make sure you have enough yogurt in there to make a spreadable paste.
- After you have cleansed your face, leave it slightly damp and then apply your aromatic face mask to your face and neck. Be careful not to get the mixture in your eyes or mouth. Most essential oils are not intended to be consumed internally, so don’t be tempted to have a taste!
- Leave this mask on for about 20 minutes.
- Using a warm face cloth, gently wipe off the mask and moisturize as normal.
Your skin should be feeling wonderfully smooth and rejuvenated!
Turmeric DIY Face Mask for Oily Skin
Turmeric is certainly making a comeback! This golden spice has become very popular over the past few years! Not only does it add colour and flavour to our curries, it also has amazing healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
This little golden nugget is reportedly able to help with a variety of skin ailments, including dry or oily skin, eczema, wrinkles and skin pigmentation problems.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon good quality honey (preferably organic and raw)
- ½ teaspoon milk or yogurt
- A drop of lemon essential oil or fresh lemon juice (the real thing, not out of a bottle). This will help with adding brightness to your complexion.
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl. Try not getting the mixture too thin, as it will drip off your face and make a bit of a mess in your sink.
- Wash your face and remove any make-up.
- Apply this healing face mask, avoiding your eyes.
- Let this soak in for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
BONUS: if you have any mixture left over – store it in an airtight container in the fridge until your next application.
You can apply twice a week for a beautifully clear complexion.
Bentonite Clay DIY Face Mask for Oily Skin
If you bought a tub of bentonite clay for the first recipe – you’re probably wondering what do with the rest of the container!!
Well, Bentonite clay is a wonderful thing. It draws out toxins, chemicals and even heavy metals. It is rich in minerals such as magnesium, calcium and silica. It boosts the oxygen carrying capability of cells and it is very alkalizing. Bentonite clay is also said to unblock pores and shrink them, as well as helping to control the production of sebum.
So here is a wonderfully quick and easy homemade face mask for oily skin using Bentonite. It is especially good for helping combat acne prone skins.
JUST A SIDE NOTE:
Don’t use metal utensils or bowls when using Bentonite clay. It absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably raw)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine the clay, honey and water (remember – no metals!) making a nice smooth paste.
- Apply it to your face and neck, avoiding your eyes.
- After 10-15 minutes, rinse off using warm water.
There we go! 3 incredibly quick and easy natural face masks for oily skin. Give them a go and see which one works best for you. Before long you will be enjoying clear, glowing and flawless skin!
2. Axe, Dr. https://draxe.com/turmeric-face-mask/.
3. Marr, Kristin. live simply. http://livesimply.me/2014/07/10/3-simple-quick-homemade-clay-mask-recipes/.
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?