Dry Cracked Hands
Dry winter hands are a common occurrence, but some people suffer from
dry cracked hands all year round. If you look after your hands and
our dry cracked hands treatment advice, you can prevent most of the
dryness and chapping. Here are some natural remedies and tips for care
and prevention of dry and cracked hands.
Dry skin hands remedies
- For extra dry skin on hands, make a mixture of sugar, 2 tbsp of avocado oil and olive oil. Rub the mixture into your hands. The sugar will help hydrate and exfoliate, the oils will moisturize. More homemade sugar scrub recipes.
- Baby oil or petroleum jelly can be rubbed into hands as often as possible as a cream for dry hands care.
- Rub in Emu oil moisturizer whenever you get a chance. Emu oil
can be used as the best hand lotion for dry skin as well as help with
any other problems you might have like eczema or psoriasis.
- Look for moisturizing products that contain cocoa, shea butter, or beeswax to help moisturize chapped dry hands
Have an oatmeal bath. Put a cup of raw oats in a sock and tie a knot,
let it lie in your bath water and you can also help it draw into your
water by squeezing it.
This is a great natural moisturizer for your
whole body and will help get rid of dry skin on your hands.
- Aloe vera plant can be rubbed into dry hands.
- Raw honey is a great moisturizer that has been used for centuries.
- Jojoba oil is a great moisturizer for dry cracked skin on hands.
- Vitamin E oil applied daily as a remedy for dry hands
Home Manicure Ideas, Videos and Nail Designs
Tips for cracked dry skin on hands
- Avoid putting your hands in water that is very hot.
- Wear gloves when working in the garden, washing dishes or when working with any chemicals.
- Avoid soaps that contain lots of fragrance. Use a special “dry hand lotion"
- A great moisturizing natural soap to use for washing your hands and body is Dove.
- Try to moisturize immediately after a bath or shower.
- Avoid scratching, which will just make the dry skin problem worse.
- Keep your moisturizer available in the bathroom and keep some with you at all times.
- Try to avoid washing your hands too often during the day, this can also dry them out, instead use wipes if necessary.
Other pages in connection with this page
Share your solutions for dry hands…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?