Dry Penis Skin
Dry skin on penis area
My penis has dry skin!
The skin on your penis is the same as any other skin on your body
and needs to be taken care of, just like the rest of your skin
sometimes needs a little more love and care.
Dry penis skin does not necessarily mean you have a terrible skin condition or virus, it is most likely just plain dry skin.
Things that could cause dry skin on the penis
- Friction caused by rubbing against clothing, caused by foreplay or masturbation.
- Intercourse can also cause friction in this area and therefore dry penis skin.
- Certain types of soaps and laundry detergents can cause dry flaky skin on penis.
dry winter skin
can be found on the penis as well as any other places on the body.
- Certain types of fabrics can cause dry patches on penis skin. It’s
always best to use cotton underwear so that your skin can breathe.
- Psoriasis can cause dry penis skin. This is usually treated quite
effectively with steroid creams. This looks like thick raised skin with
obvious edges usually found on the inner surface of the penis foreskin.
Read more on penis psoriasis here
- Eczema can also cause dry skin on the penis. It usually looks like red
areas with faded edges. This type of irritation is usually caused by an
irritant like a chemical. Can also be treated with a cream.
Read more on penile eczema
- It could be caused by a fungus, in which case you will need to get special creams prescribed too.
- An allergy is commonly caused through latex condoms.
- Very tight underwear can cause dry penis skin.
- Many men use hand lotion to masturbate with, this can also cause skin
problems down there. The hand lotion might contain certain ingredients
that could cause the skin problem. Baby oil or a special lubricant made
for this purpose is a better solution.
- Head of penis feels dry? Men who are circumcised are more prone to dry
skin on the penis and a dry penis head. The foreskin protects the penis
from germs, fabrics, chemicals and keeps it moist. Men who have been
circumcised will need to take more care in moisturizing also to prevent
dry penis skin.
- Does dry skin on my penis mean I have an STD? An STDs “sexually
transmitted disease” is accompanied by a discharge, open sores and/or a
fever. If this is you, you should see your doctor immediately.
Remedies for dry scaly penis skin
- Special steroid creams prescribed by a dermatologist.
- Apply coconut oil to the dry area. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti
bacterial, moisturizing and has healing properties in it. Which means
you can remedy almost anything that could be causing the dry skin
irritation. It is great for anybody that is allergic to other products.
- Apply baby oil and Vaseline as often as possible especially after showers or baths.
Penis dry skin tips
- Give your penis a time period of healing before returning to activities like masturbation or intercourse.
- Use a mild fragrant free soap for washing your genitals.
- Run your clothing through an extra rinse cycle to get rid of any extra detergent that could be causing the dry skin problem.
- Use a special lubricant when you masturbate or have sex.
- Do not rub dry but pat dry, this is to prevent further irritation. Also try not to scratch.
If the dry skin penis condition persists, it is always best to see you
doctor about the problem. Penis irritation could be the result of a more
serious skin condition. A dry irritated penis and groin area can cause a
lot of pain and discomfort and a qualified doctor is your best shot at
getting rid of this problem quickly.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with dry penis skin
- Dry skin all over the body
- Itchy skin all over the body
- Penis eczema
- Dry vaginal skin
Want to share your experience with dry penis skin?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Dry penis skin on head Not rated yet
Hi I had a dry penis a skin for a long time since I started to masterbate I do this often like 1 or 2 times a day I've been noticing this for 3 years and …
Dry Penis Skin Treatment Not rated yet
I use a penis health creme with Vitamin E and shea butter and it really helped me with my skin issues. I recommend checking these cremes out.
Dry Penis Skin Not rated yet
I found that a penis health creme can really help with this problem. There are a lot of these products out there, but I made sure (after receiving some …
Used Wrong Lubrication For Masturbation Not rated yet
Just wanted to say that I used the wrong lubrication when masturbating and then my penis started to sting.
I was so paranoid and scared but then the …
Use a special lotion Not rated yet
Coconut oil is cool, but some might not like its greasiness or the smell. There are actually lotions (sometimes called "penis health creams") made with …
Men's health professional Not rated yet
My clients often complain about dry penile skin. Often, this is caused by sensitivities to personal care products, laundry detergents, and lubes. I recommend …
fungus on penis Not rated yet
I am diabetic and I got fungul infection on my pennis. I tried everything including allopathy but when I used coconut oil as a last resort as per my grandmas …
dryness, rash, wrinkled, dehydrated Not rated yet
I am going to share some strange health issues that either applies all or not but still I feel or think to mention.
I'm 30, unmarried, and masturbating. …
Dry spot Not rated yet
ive had a dry spot on my penis for like 3 years or more right top of my shaft but under the head I don't know what is it or why it is there its just dry …
Click here to write your own.