Dry skin on penis area
My penis has dry skin!
The skin on your penis is the same as any other skin on your body and needs to be taken care of, just like the rest of your skin sometimes needs a little more love and care.
Dry penis skin does not necessarily mean you have a terrible skin condition or virus, it is most likely just plain dry skin.
Things that could cause dry skin on the penis
- Friction caused by rubbing against clothing, caused by foreplay or masturbation.
- Intercourse can also cause friction in this area and therefore dry penis skin.
- Certain types of soaps and laundry detergents can cause dry flaky skin on penis.
- Normal dry winter skin can be found on the penis as well as any other places on the body.
- Certain types of fabrics can cause dry patches on penis skin. It’s always best to use cotton underwear so that your skin can breathe.
- Psoriasis can cause dry penis skin. This is usually treated quite effectively with steroid creams. This looks like thick raised skin with obvious edges usually found on the inner surface of the penis foreskin. Read more on penis psoriasis here
- Eczema can also cause dry skin on the penis. It usually looks like red areas with faded edges. This type of irritation is usually caused by an irritant like a chemical. Can also be treated with a cream. Read more on penile eczema
- It could be caused by a fungus, in which case you will need to get special creams prescribed too.
- An allergy is commonly caused through latex condoms.
- Very tight underwear can cause dry penis skin.
- Many men use hand lotion to masturbate with, this can also cause skin problems down there. The hand lotion might contain certain ingredients that could cause the skin problem. Baby oil or a special lubricant made for this purpose is a better solution.
- Head of penis feels dry? Men who are circumcised are more prone to dry skin on the penis and a dry penis head. The foreskin protects the penis from germs, fabrics, chemicals and keeps it moist. Men who have been circumcised will need to take more care in moisturizing also to prevent dry penis skin.
- Does dry skin on my penis mean I have an STD? An STDs “sexually transmitted disease” is accompanied by a discharge, open sores and/or a fever. If this is you, you should see your doctor immediately.
Remedies for dry scaly penis skin
- Special steroid creams prescribed by a dermatologist.
- Apply coconut oil to the dry area. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti bacterial, moisturizing and has healing properties in it. Which means you can remedy almost anything that could be causing the dry skin irritation. It is great for anybody that is allergic to other products.
- Apply baby oil and Vaseline as often as possible especially after showers or baths.
Penis dry skin tips
- Give your penis a time period of healing before returning to activities like masturbation or intercourse.
- Use a mild fragrant free soap for washing your genitals.
- Run your clothing through an extra rinse cycle to get rid of any extra detergent that could be causing the dry skin problem.
- Use a special lubricant when you masturbate or have sex.
- Do not rub dry but pat dry, this is to prevent further irritation. Also try not to scratch.
If the dry skin penis condition persists, it is always best to see you doctor about the problem. Penis irritation could be the result of a more serious skin condition. A dry irritated penis and groin area can cause a lot of pain and discomfort and a qualified doctor is your best shot at getting rid of this problem quickly.
Want to share your experience with dry penis skin?
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
i heard about vaginal dryness, but never of penile dryness. That's what i found out my boyfriend experiences. His dryness makes it dificult when peforming …
Dry skin on penis head and under foreskin
I have had this problem for the last month or so. The skin on my head and under my foreskin is dry and keeps flaking. When I use moisturiser the white/yellow …
testicles it's red and itchy and looks scaly
I have dry skin around the base of my penis and my testicles it's red and itchy and looks scaly I married do I not worried about an std or anything and …
I am married and my wife and I make love with out a condom. But some times before we have intercourse she will grind on me. But I was fine. And now 24 …
Penis Skin Irritation
I used to masturbate every other day using saliva and hand lotion as lubricants. My penis skin often became raw and sore after long masturbating sessions. …
fungus on penis Not rated yet
I am diabetic and I got fungul infection on my pennis. I tried everything including allopathy but when I used coconut oil as a last resort as per my grandmas …
dryness, rash, wrinkled, dehydrated Not rated yet
Hi I am going to share some strange health issues that either applies all or not but still I feel or think to mention. I'm 30, unmarried, and masturbating. …
U lucky I have this problem and solution now after three days of non-sense Not rated yet
I had missing skin layer from Penis. Vitamin E caused an allergic reaction making it worse. For non-STD Penis skin problems the best thing by far is …
Dry spot Not rated yet
ive had a dry spot on my penis for like 3 years or more right top of my shaft but under the head I don't know what is it or why it is there its just dry …