We have all experienced some dry skin, one time or another. There are natural ways of dealing with dry skin issues. The natural way is better because it contains no extra skin drying properities and chemicals.
The first thing that you need to look at, are the things that cause dry skin spots...
What are the causes of dry spots?
• Winter: During winter time, there is less humidity (moisture in the air). Dry white spots on skin are common in winter months.
• Sun rays: During hot months, overexposure to the sun can cause cracked, dry skin.
• Dehydration: A person needs to take in enough fluids as not to become dehydrated. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day will help hydrate your body.
• Aging: The older a person gets, the drier the skin usually gets due to loss of moisture in the cells. Dry skin and age spots are common in the elderly.
• Chemicals: Harsh soaps, cosmetics and medication can result in moisture loss.
• Skin conditions: Conditions like Eczema or Psoriasis cause dry patches of skin.
• Genetics: Hereditary factors can also influence your skin.
Topical Remedies (to be applied to a dry skin spot)
• Vitamin E oil can be applied to the skin to moisturize and protect.
• Raw Honey is a great skin moisturizer. It also has other anti-bacterial properties to it.
• Extra virgin olive oil can be applied to the skin as often as possible. Olive oil is packed with antioxidants and will help soothe cracked skin.
• Coconut oil is a wonderful moisturiser and you can even put a few tablespoons in your bath water for super soft skin.
• Fresh aloe juice can be used directly on brown dry spots. The aloe products bought over the counter can sometimes contain things that dry out the skin even more; this is why it’s best to use fresh aloe from your garden.
• Fresh, cold cow’s milk can be applied to the skin to soothe it; milk contains anti-inflammatory properties. This will help stop any itching associated with dry spots of skin.