This basic mask for all skin types is nourishing to the skin and will leave your skin softer and with a youthful glow.
All you need is one egg! Separate the yolk from the white and keep the yellow of the egg for breakfast. You could alternatively keep the yellow to use as a moisturizer, if you have a very dry skin. Get our DIY natural moisturising recipes here.
Once your whites have been separated, you can whip it up until foamy.
You can use just is, or you can add in extras according to your specific skin type and needs…
Oily Skin Egg White Face Mask Ingredient Options
Adding any one or more of these ingredients will turn the basic egg white mask above into an acne fighting treatment. All you need to do, is add and mix.
2. 1 tsp Lemon juice – Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which helps to heal. It is also full of antioxidant and removes excess oils from the skin. Lemon skin care benefits.
Anti - aging Egg White Facial Mask Ingredient Options
The following can be used for all skin types.
1. A few drops of Vitamin E oil – Reduces the appearance of fine lines and preventing age spots. It boosts collagen production. Read more about the benefits of Vitamin E oil for skin and its food sources.
2. 1 tsp. of Aloe Vera gel – It contains Vitamin C and E, which will help keep your skin hydrated and firm.
3. 1 tbsp. Almond milk – Almond milk is a rich vitamin E source, helping to prevent wrinkles and even skin blemishes. Almond milk contains Riboflavin, which helps the skin use Oxygen. The Niacin in Almond milk traps the moisture in cells and therefore keeps your skin hydrated. Get your DIY almond milk skin care recipes here.
4. A few drops of Black seed oil - Helps to prevent fine lines, blemishes, age spots, oily or dry skin, and leaves your skin looking soft, young and supple.
Egg Face Mask for Dry Skin Ingredient Options
1 tsp. Honey – Honey stimulates the renewal of
skin cells. It is a natural humectant. This means that it draws moisture from
the air into the skin. More honey mask recipes.
1 tbsp. Full cream milk – This is a good, cheap
and convenient natural remedy for dry skin.
Egg yolk – Instead of separating the egg, you
can whip the whole egg to make an egg yolk facial mask. An egg yolk mask is rich
in Vitamin A аnd fatty acids, which makes it great for dry, flaky skin.
1 Mashed tbsp. of banana or Avocado - The
potassium in bananas help to hydrate and moisturise the skin. Avocado oil penetrates
quite deep, and leaves the skin soft and smooth.
Once you have mixed your specific ingredients to your egg
white, you can apply it to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off,
patt dry and apply a natural moisturizer. Our natural DIY moisturiser recipes.