Getting Rid Of Blackheads
How to remove blackheads
I think we can all agree that there is nothing worse than facial
blackheads! Most of us struggle with the dreaded blackheads on nose
areas. You do not need expensive products to get rid of facial
What are blackheads?
So what is a blackhead? a blackhead is just a blocked pore.
Basically, Blackheads are caused by overactive sebaceous glands or oil
glands. They can be easily treated and even avoided with the remedies
A natural blackhead remover is obviously the
better choice because it’s cheaper and safer than all the over the
counter products that contain chemicals.
The cause of blackheads
- Oily skin ~ The more sebum produced the higher chance of clogged pores that cause blackheads.
Other things that can cause oily skin include stress, immune system
disorders, the use of steroids, puberty, allergies, hormonal changes
such as during menstruation.
Step by step blackhead home remedy for blackhead extraction
The best way to remove blackheads, is to first use steam ~ Use steam to
unblock pores. Get a bowl that is about the size of your face. Put hot
(kettle boiled) water inside the bowl.
Place a towel over your
head and keep it covered while your face is a few centimeters away from
the water. You can add some essential oils to the water, grapefruit and
lemon are great ones to use.
2. Wash your face with a mixture of 1
cup warm water mixed with 4 tsp Epsom salts. You can use a cotton ball
to clean the problem blackhead areas especially well. Rinse off.
Raw oat flakes mixed with raw honey. The oats act as an exfoliant while
the honey cleanses and also keeps infection at bay by being
antibacterial. Massage this into the skin with circular motions and
rinse off. Four DIY honey masks.
3. Apply pureed avocado or avocado oil to the skin afterwards as a natural moisturizer. Avocado mask recipes.
Other tips to get rid of blackheads
Drink lots of water daily. This will flush out your system and
automatically start to clear your skin and help in removing blackheads
and help with blackhead prevention.
- Make sure to cleanse your skin with natural cleansers twice daily. Here are some all natural homemade cleanser recipes.
Some people think that they should not use a moisturizer when they have
an oily skin or blackhead prone skin. This is not true, a moisturizer
should always be applied. Natural homemade moisturizers listed here.
- Eat less fats, sugar and caffeine
Other home remedies for blackheads
- Soak a few green tea bags in warm water and rub the tea bags onto the blackheads.
- For sensitive areas or if you have sensitive skin, such as under the eyes, you can use rosewater
- Tomato pulp can be massaged in the problem areas, rinsed off. Apply a natural moisturizer afterwards.
- Blackheads back problems ~ Cut potato can be placed on problem areas. Use often on blackheads on back and other large areas.
Another blackhead extractor homemade blackhead scrub that can be used
is a combination of lemon juice, salt and raw honey. This works
especially great on nose blackheads.
A Blackhead removal tool, blackhead vacuum and other blackhead extractors
blackhead remover tool should only be used by professionals, ask your
local beauty parlor about a facial for removing blackheads. Squeezing
blackheads should be avoided as this causes infection and scarring
Top of Getting Rid Of Blackheads page
Other pages on “remedies for skin" in connection with this page on blackheads
- Whiteheads natural remedies
- Popping blackheads
- Nose blackheads
- Back blackheads
What to share your blackhead remedies? Or ask any questions on eliminating blackheads?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?