Home Remedies For Diaper Rash
How to treat diaper rash…
This is a common problem and can be treated easily with home remedies for diaper rash.
find the best diaper rash treatments, you also need to know what causes
it, so that you can help in preventing diaper rash too.
What does it look like? Diaper rash picture --->
What are the causes of diaper rash ~ Types of diaper rash
will need to do a diaper rash investigation to determine exactly what
is causing your baby’s sore bum before you can home remedy diaper rash
Contact of skin with urine. This is inevitable because baby has to wear
a nappy, but some nappies are better than others. Make sure you use one
that absorbs most of the urine.
- Runny stools. Especially if
baby is teething. These teething diaper rash poops are caused by the
extra drool swallowed while baby is teething.
- A nappy that sits too tightly can also cause nappy rash. It does this by rubbing against the skin.
Harsh soaps, wipes or creams can also cause irritation. Some babies are
allergic to disposable nappies. Some moms may decide to start using
- Diaper rash eczema ~
read more on baby eczema here
- A heat rash ~ If your baby is sweating under the nappy it is possible
that the sweat glands become blocked and cause little red bumps.
Other less common problems could be: Intertrigo (in the skin folds),
seborrhea (also in the skin folds) or psoriasis (silver or red raised
edges and scaly skin).
- A yeast infection (thrush) can cause a bad diaper rash. Read more on
yeast diaper rash treatment here.
A thrush diaper rash is usually caused by oral thrush, it is easily
transferred to the diaper area because the yeast actually travels from
the mouth through the intestines. Causes of yeast infections.
Diaper rash treatment tips
- Use a hypoallergenic
soap when washing baby’s bum. Use soaps and washes that contain natural
products such as comfrey, calendula and chamomile.
- Stay away from things like fragrances or colorants in baby products.
or diaper rash creams on baby’s skin after every bath
- If your
baby has constant nappy rash you can wash baby’s bottom before changing
the nappy instead of using wipes. Wash with plain water.
change a nappy as soon as baby has a poop, or as soon as you see the
nappy is starting to get full to prevent diaper rashes.
- Allow your baby some diaper free time for air circulation. Even if its just a small while.
- If you are using cloth diapers, be sure to use a gentle detergent.
- When cleaning the problem area, try to avoid rubbing the skin, which will just cause more irritation to the skin.
Home remedies for diaper rash
Diaper rash remedies
- Breast milk diaper rash
cure ~ Moms breast milk is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and helps
heal skin. It’s free and it works great. Just put breast milk on the
area and allow to air dry! If you don’t have breast milk you can use
cows milk, it’s not as effective but it’s the next best thing. Read
uses of breast milk here.
- Plain petroleum jelly works wonders and keeps the bum from getting wet
Oatmeal bath treatment for diaper rash ~ This is great for baby’s skin
and will help get rid of diaper rash. Put some raw oatmeal in a sock,
tie a knot in it to close it and put in baby’s bath water. You can
squeeze out the oatmeal milk to get the maximum benefit from it.
Coconut oil is a great nappy rash ointment. Instead of putting other
baby diaper rash ointments on baby’s bum you can put natural coconut oil
- Lansinoh Breastfeeding Ointment can be used in severe
diaper rash cases. This ointment is usually used for breastfeeding mom’s
sore nipples, but it can be used as a diaper rash ointment as well. Its
just very expensive. Some moms say this removes bad nappy rash
- Chamomile tea bath ~ Put a few tea bags in baby’s bath water.
- Epsom salts bath diaper rash remedy ~ put a few tablespoons of Epsom salts in baby’s bath water.
- Fresh aloe vera or aloe vera gel can be applied to heal diaper rash.
vitamin E oil
can be applied on the problem area as a great home remedy for diaper rash.
Other pages on “remedies for skin" in connection with home remedies for diaper rash
- Baby skin care
- Baby eczema
Share your diaper rash home remedies…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?