Home Remedies For Oily Skin
Oily skin care remedies
Help! I have a very oily skin!
Here we discuss some oily
skin treatment remedies that will balance the skins excretion of oil
and get rid of extra oils on the skin.
Did you know that
can actually cause your skin to produce even more oil?! Cleaning the
skin too often will result in the skin trying to overcompensate for loss
Home remedies for oily skin ~ what causes oily skin?
Causes of excessively oily skin
- Hormonal changes during puberty
- Hormonal changes during and after pregnancy
- Hormonal changes due to menopause
- Hormonal changes during menstrual periods
- Hormonal changes from taking birth control pills
- Bad diet habits like eating too much fat or sugar.
- Hot weather and high humidity
- Hereditary factors
How to control oily skin & how to stop oily skin form the inside out
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fruit and vegetables
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages
- Avoid fried oily foods and sugary foods
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
- Eat plenty of beans, nuts and whole rice to increase your Vitamin B2 intake which will prevent oiliness.
Best oily skin home remedies
Apply lemon juice all over your skin. Lemon juice contains vitamin C,
which is great for healing the skin and the lemon juice will also remove
Lemon juice can be used as a natural make up remover too.
- Get rid of oily skin with grapefruit which can also be applied to remove extra oils.
- Another well known home remedy for oily skin is Cucumber. Cucumber mask recipe here.
Best moisturizer for oily skin (Essential oils for oily skin) ~
Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper, Lavender,
- Oily skin and acne ~ Aloe Vera and chamomile can be used to help with pimples associated with oily skin
- Witch hazel can be applied to absorb extra oils on the skin.
- Apple cider vinegar can be applied to oily areas to reduce oiliness.
Home remedies for oily skin ~ Tips for oily skin
Other tips to prevent oily skin
- Keep your skin clean and cleanse daily but do not over cleanse. Cleanse your skin once or twice per day.
Natural cleanser recipes here.
- Find a natural scrub and use once per week.
- Wear a natural face mask for oily skin weekly. Use a clay or mud mask.
- Use natural products for oily skin
(natural moisturizers listed here)
- Try to use as little makeup as possible. If you have to wear a
base…look for a foundation for oily skin. Now-a-days you can get makeup
for oily skin that is made from natural products. Natural DIY makeup recipes.
- Stay away from cleansers that contain alcohol
Look for a day cream that contains benzyl peroxide in the list of
active ingredients. This will help decrease the oil secretion and stop
Other pages on remedies for skin on Home remedies for oily skin
Share your own natural oily skin treatments…want to ask any other questions on how to treat oily skin…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
oily skin Not rated yet
I am only 13, I have very very oily skin I found out that you cant reduce oily skin it will always be there so get used to it i have and my friends have …
Click here to write your own.