Did you know that a natural homemade face moisturizer is cheaper and more effective than conventional products? Below I have a collection of my personal favourite homemade moisturizers that will help give your skin a new glow!
1. I put coconut oil on the top of this list because I feel it deserves some lime light! Coconut oil on its own is a wonderful natural face moisturizer and is so very convenient. Coconut oil contains Lauric acid, which is easily absorbed and helps to decrease aging, what’s more is that it is perfect for dry and oily skin alike and is anti-bacterial. Buy a cold pressed organic coconut oil for your skin care routine. Apply just a smidge of oil to your face after cleansing.
Other interesting uses for coconut oil
2. Another coconut oil moisturizer. Number two on my list is a recipe by naturalandhealthyliving.com, it only contains three ingredients. Coconut oil, Vitamin E oil ad Lavender oil. This recipe is real simple, but effective. This homemade facial moisturizer is anti-aging, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant and smells wonderful!
3. Here is a natural skin moisturizer by livesimply.me that does not contain coconut oil. Number three is an ultra-moisturising cream that contains carrot seed and tea tree oil extract among other ingredients. So if you would like to spend a bit more on your face moisturizer recipe, this is a great option. This cream can apparently help to prevent break outs and is great at keeping dry, peeling patches of skin at bay.
4. Lastly, the best moisturizer for oily skin, my own aloe vera moisturizer recipe. This natural DIY face moisturizer is non greasy and soothes irritated skin. It is excellent for those with an oily, acne prone skin. You will need:
• 1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel
• 4 tablespoons Sweet almond oil
• 1 tablespoon Beeswax
• 10 drops Lemon essential oil
Heat the sweet almond oil and beeswax in a double boiler until melted. Mix well. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Leave to stand until the mixture is room temperature. Mix the lemon essential oil with your aloe Vera gel. Add this to your beeswax mixture a little at a time, while beating with an electric beater. Beat the mixture until you are happy with the consistency. Get yourself a pretty container to store your moisturizer in.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
Do you have something to share about this?