Make your own natural homemade moisturizer
Many expensive moisturizers on the market claim that their products can heal certain skin conditions like photo damage, loss of collagen, age and wrinkles, but have very little evidence to support their claims. The actual effective compounds in these products are in fact very inexpensive.
Some moisturizers made by the cosmetic industry can actually aggravate certain skin conditions or cause itching, burning, redness and even dehydration of the skin. These products contain artificial colors, petroleum and harsh preservatives which can cause more harm than good.
The best facial moisturizer is a natural organic moisturizer, why not give your skin an all natural, healthy moisturizing experience?
What do all natural moisturizers do?
- Our homemade face moisturizers will keep the skin young by preventing aging
- It gives you a base for when adding make-up to the skin, which protects the skin.
- You can apply a moisturizer to dry areas on your body like your elbows and heels or lips.
- They keep your skin soft and supple
- They protect your skin from the sun, wind and other damaging elements.
List of great easy homemade moisturizers
- Cocoa butter combined with Coconut oil is an all natural face moisturizer that will protect your skin from the elements.
- A combination of Sesame oil and Olive oil will moisturize and protect your skin from the sun.
- Mix 2tsp honey with 3tsp of lemon juice, 3 tbs of yogurt and one whipped egg white. Apply to face and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
- Avocado oil or puree. Contains vitamins and minerals and is known for its anti aging properties.
- Beeswax. Boosts the skins natural oil supply.
- A combination of Aloe Vera gel and honey
- Orange juice mixed with olive oil.
- Three tablespoons of glycerin with 1 teaspoon of honey. This homemade facial cream can be left on at night.
- Coconut oil on its own contains many nutrients and is great for dry skin and can be used as a natural hair moisturizer too. It can be used as a fat in cooking or applied on the skin and hair externally for the same results.
- Jojoba oil is know for it's antioxidant properties, it is a good homemade facial moisturizer that protects your skin against the sun, wind and other elements.
- Egg yolk. Used just as is, apply, leave on until it dries on your skin then rinse off with cool water. You can feel a definite difference in your skin after using this. This is especially great for dry skin.
- Any berries, pears or plumbs can be mashed and applied. Honey can be added too.
- A mixture of banana and honey mashed and then put on your face. Leave until it becomes dry and then rinse off.
Homemade face cream, organic moisturizers for different skin types...
Best moisturizer for dry skin
- Dry skin should be treated with rich oils such as sesame oil, vitamin E, almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, rose hip oil, shea butter or extra virgin olive oil.
- Olive oil for skin care ~ An olive oil moisturizer can be used on the drier areas and can be used once at night.
- Cleanse your skin and then apply the oil. A link for natural cleansing recipes below.
- You can combine an egg, 1 tsp olive oil and 1tsp of lemon juice. Mix together, apply all over face and neck, leave for 15 then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Macadamia nut extract is great for dry skin, it also helps to reduce skin irritation.
- Honey, milk and olive oil are a good homemade face moisturizer. Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse off afterward.
- Mayonnaise can be applied to dry skin day and night.
Natural face moisturizers for normal and oily skin
- Normal to oily skin should be moisturized with light oils such as jojoba, grapeseed or avocado.
- The best moisturizer for oily skin is avocado oil or puree, which is loaded with nutrients.
All natural facial moisturizer for oily skin that is acne prone
- Apply any fresh fruit to your face, this can be added to some honey (honey is an antibacterial agent ) which will prevent acne. Wash off after about 15 minutes. Ice can be used as a toner to close your pores afterward.
Other things you can do to moisturize your skin
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to hydrate your skin
- Stay away from things like alcohol or excessive amounts of salt that draw moisture from your body
- Take omega 3,6 and 9 supplements daily
Looking for a total body home made moisturizer?
- Put one cup of raw honey into your bath tub for smooth, beautiful, supple skin.
- Olive oil skin care ~ Use olive oil for dry skin patches on your body, but make sure you use extra virgin, organic olive oil.
You will find these natural skin moisturizers effective, but these natural face moisturizers are also going to cost you much less than the bought moisturizers.
Warning: Always test a moisturizer ( even a natural face cream ) on your arm before applying to your face. Some fruits, especially strawberries have been found to leave some people with a rash.
Also remember too much moisturizer whether it is an organic moisturiser or not, is also not a good thing, as it could clog pores.
Want to share your own homemade moisturizer recipes?
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...