Many expensive moisturizers on the market claim that their products can
heal certain skin conditions like photo damage, loss of collagen, age
and wrinkles, but have very little evidence to support their claims. The
actual effective compounds in these products are in fact very
Some moisturizers made by the cosmetic industry can actually aggravate
certain skin conditions or cause itching, burning, redness and even
dehydration of the skin. These products contain artificial colors,
petroleum and harsh preservatives which can cause more harm than good.
The best facial moisturizer is a natural organic moisturizer, why not
give your skin an all natural, healthy moisturizing experience?
- Three tablespoons of glycerin with 1 teaspoon of honey. This homemade facial cream can be left on at night.
Coconut oil on its own contains many nutrients and is great for dry
skin and can be used as a natural hair moisturizer too. It can be used
as a fat in cooking or applied on the skin and hair externally for the
- Jojoba oil is know for it's antioxidant
properties, it is a good homemade facial moisturizer that protects your
skin against the sun, wind and other elements.
- Egg yolk. Used
just as is, apply, leave on until it dries on your skin then rinse off
with cool water. You can feel a definite difference in your skin after
using this. This is especially great for dry skin.
- Any berries, pears or plumbs can be mashed and applied. Honey can be added too.
- A mixture of banana and honey mashed and then put on your face. Leave until it becomes dry and then rinse off.
Natural face moisturizers for normal and oily skin
- Normal to oily skin should be moisturized with light oils such as jojoba, grapeseed or avocado.
- The best moisturizer for oily skin is avocado oil or puree, which is loaded with nutrients.
All natural facial moisturizer for oily skin that is acne prone
Apply any fresh fruit to your face, this can be added to some honey
(honey is an antibacterial agent ) which will prevent acne. Wash off
after about 15 minutes. Ice can be used as a toner to close your pores
Other things you can do to moisturize your skin
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to hydrate your skin
- Stay away from things like alcohol or excessive amounts of salt that draw moisture from your body
- Take omega 3,6 and 9 supplements daily
Looking for a total body home made moisturizer?
- Put one cup of raw honey into your bath tub for smooth, beautiful, supple skin.
- Olive oil skin care ~ Use olive oil for dry skin patches on your body, but make sure you use extra virgin, organic olive oil.
You will find these natural skin moisturizers effective, but
these natural face moisturizers are also going to cost you much less
than the bought moisturizers.
Warning: Always test a
moisturizer ( even a natural face cream ) on your arm before applying
to your face. Some fruits, especially strawberries have been found to
leave some people with a rash.
Also remember too much
moisturizer whether it is an organic moisturiser or not, is also not a
good thing, as it could clog pores.