Want natural clear skin?
A toner is also called a clarifying lotion, skin purifier
or astringent. There are so many great natural skin toners that give
great results, most fruits and vegetables can be used as a homemade
toner. A toner will remove excess dirt and oil, it will refresh and
prepare your skin for a moisturizer.
Most of the organic skin toners on this page can be used as a toner
for combination skin, all skin types and as a soothing skin toner for
wrinkles but there are specific ones below for each skin type.
An organic skin toner or any other toners for skin care should only be used after you have cleansed your skin.
Get natural cleansing recipes here.
What is face toner skin care in aid of?
- It removes excess oil and dirt
- It restores your skins natural ph balance
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- It seals the pores protecting it against bacteria
- Increased circulation to the skin
- Improved skin tone (hence the name toner)
- Freshens your skin
- It hydrates the skin
Beauty and Health Tips for Aging:
Agedefend.com is a great starting point for changing the way you look
and feel. Making it part of your Lifestyle and Looking after your beauty
and well-being will come naturally.
I like putting together an easy facial toner recipe, no long & expensive fancy skin toner recipe and with few ingredients…
Remember to use fresh facial skin toner ingredients and they should not be kept in the refrigerator for longer than 3 days.
Here are some usual fruits and veg used as a homemade toner
These can be used just as they are (mashed up)
- Raw potato, cucumber, gourd
- Apple, oranges, cranberries, cherries, strawberries (on skin surface or eaten)
- Tomato juice
Some herbs used as facial skin toners
An at home herbal skin toner can be added to milk for extra skin nourishment…
- Hazel, ivy, germanium and sage.
Other homemade toners
- Honey mixed with lemon juice.
- Coconut water
- Rosewater (petals of red roses boiled in water and allowed to cool. 2 cups of rose petals with 1 litre of water)
- Using just lemon rind and rubbing it in the skin.
- Turmeric and lemon juice.
- Yogurt (eaten and/or put on skin)
- Ice cubes – Just rub all over face. It tightens the pores and helps for good blood circulation.
- Raw beaten egg white
- Fresh aloe
The below skin toner recipes can all be used as a combination skin toner as well.
Toner for skin that is sensitive
- Rosewater (which is a great astringent skin toner for all skin types)
For dry skin toner
- Sandalwood essential oil is one of the best toners for dry skin
- Mint skin toner ~ Handful of mint leaves boiled in 100g water
- Apple cider vinegar skin toner made with mint leaves.
- Raw potato (cut in slices and rub in)
For oily skin toner
- An oily skin facial toner is one of the best uses for Witch Hazel
- Other oily skin toners include Juniper and lemongrass
- Mixture of raw honey lemon juice and egg can be used as a great clarifing toner for oily skin
Other ways of keeping your skin toned
- Get plenty of sleep
- Drinking plenty of fresh water
- A balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg
- Steaming your face and using a natural cleanser everyday
Top of homemade toner page
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?