Face masks are one of the best ways to lock moisture into your skin and keep that young, healthy glow. And the best part is that they can be easily made and used right at home using a variety of simple, all-natural recipes. These recipes can be made using ingredients that you already have in your kitchen.
Here are four amazing, natural recipes for a honey face mask you can make at home.
This mask is so straightforward, it hardly needs a recipe! Simply apply raw honey to your face using your fingers in a circular motion. You can leave it on as long as you like, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour while you do household chores. When you are finished, rinse it off with cool water and apply a light moisturizer. This will leave your skin feeling soft and silky all day.
This mask is an ultra moisturizing recipe that will benefit you if you are suffering from a bout of dry, flaky, irritated skin. Honey helps to calm and soothe your skin cells while the vitamins found in bananas work to replenish moisture.
• Begin by washing your face. Always make sure to cleanse your skin before applying a mask.
• Mash the banana with a fork or the back of a spoon. You will want to mash it until you have achieved a smooth texture.
• Warm the honey in a small saucepan. Warning: do not overheat the honey, because you do not want to burn your face by applying hot honey. Only warm it enough that it become soft enough to stir easily.
• Add the honey to the banana and mix until well blended.
• Optional: add a few drops of lemon juice to enhance astringent properties.
• Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 20-25 minutes. When you are finished, rinse the mixture off with a damp washcloth and apply a gentle moisturizer.
This mask is amazingly easy to make and it also doubles as a great scrub for exfoliating. Use is as a mask or a scrub for the same great skin-brightening effect.
• As always, remember to wash your skin before applying your mask.
• Simply mix the honey and sugar together in a small bowl to form a thin paste.
• Apply the mixture to your skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. When you are finished, simply rinse it off and apply a light facial cream. Preferably a natural moisturizer.
• Optional: use this mask as an exfoliating scrub, by wetting your skin and gently massaging the mixture all over your face for about thirty seconds or until you have covered the whole face. Then, rinse your whole face with cool water and apply a thin moisturizer.
This particular mask is very useful for soothing irritated skin. The smooth honey will relax your skin while the proteins and vitamins found in milk will relieve redness, irritation, or itch. This is especially good to use if you are suffering from sunburn or rash.
• Begin by washing your face to cleanse the skin that you will apply the mask to. You do not want to apply the mask over dirt or makeup.
• Warm the honey in a microwave or in a small saucepan over the stuff. Be careful not to make it too hot, you only want to heat it enough to stir it easily.
• Now, simply mix together the milk and honey into a nice smooth substance.
• Apply to your face and wear as long as you like. This mask's formula is so gentle that it can be worn anywhere from a few minutes to a whole hour, while you do household chores.
• When you are finished, simply rinse it off with a washcloth and apply a gentle moisturizer to protect your skin.
These four recipes are just a few of the most simple ways you can create your own honey face mask using household ingredients. You can also play around with the recipe, substituting different ingredients such as milk, avocado, and cinnamon, which all have amazing skin-enhancing qualities. Using a honey mask or scrub at least once a week is a fantastic and easy way to keep your skin looking its best all the time!
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
Do you have something to share about this?