Living with genital warts
What are genital warts?
Genital warts are also called condylomata acuminate or venereal warts, which are caused by the HPV ( Human Pappiloma Virus ) They are found in the genital areas such as the penis, vagina, vulva, rectum, anus and even the cervix.
Causes of genital warts
- Sexual intercourse with an infected person. Anal warts are usually caused through anal sex. Oral sex with an infected person can result in getting oral warts and/or warts in the throat.
- Touching the genitals of an infected person
- Sharing clothing or towels with an infected person
- A baby may become infected during delivery if the mother is infected.
How to cure genital warts ~ Symptoms genital warts
Genital warts symptoms
Symptoms usually only occur three months after infected with the virus
- Small fleshy skin growths or cauliflower like clusters
- Women with vaginal warts sometimes have increased vaginal discharge
- Penile warts ~ Penis warts are usually found as warts on penis shaft and scrotum
- Genital warts appearance ~ Female genital warts often look different to male genital warts, they can be flat or cauliflower like in appearance.
- May bleed during or after intercourse
- Swelling in the infected area
- Itching and burning
Natural remedies for genital warts in men and women
- Cure genital warts with a mixture of honeysuckle and chrysanthemum which have antiviral properties. This will get rid of the problem from the inside by getting rid of the HPV in your blood.
- How to treat genital warts with garlic ~ Taking extra garlic or garlic supplements daily act like a natural anti-biotic. Garlic can be crushed and placed on the infected area as well.
- Removing genital warts with apple cider vinegar ~ can be applied directly on the warts. The apple cider vinegar dries the warts out…you can also add some salt to make a paste. You can use some Aloe Vera afterwards, because the ACV does dry out the skin quite a bit.
- Remove genital warts with Epsom salts ~ A bath with Epsom salts is great for most skin ailments. Put 2 – 3 heaped table spoons of Epsom salts in your bath water and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Drink as much lemon juice as possible. It contains loads of vitamin C which will boost your immune system. Pure lemon essential oil can be applied to the warts.
- Make a baking soda paste with water and apply on the genitle warts areas. This mixture can be left on.
- Applying vitamin E oil will help to prevent the spreading of warts and will help heal the area.
Genital warts treatment tips
- Do not pick at the genetal warts as they will easily spread to other areas.
- Eat a well balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
Other pages on remedies-for-skin in connection with how to cure genital warts
- Filiform warts ( facial warts )
Want to ask a question on treating genital warts? Or share your personal experience with genital wart medication?
Do you have something to share about this?