Milk Thistle Skin Care
Milk silymarin Thistle
Does milk thistle work?
There are many benefits of milk thistle
consumption, it is known for helping with diabetes, cancer and liver
problems. People with diabetes and/ or liver issues are more prone to
skin problems and this is one of the reasons why milk thistle works so
well at helping to illuminate some skin disorders.
he Milk thistle herb contains Silymarin which is anti-inflammatory
and a great antioxidant. We all know that our skins could benefit from
How does it help for skin care?
- Milk thistle has been found to have anti-aging properties
- Milk thistle studies show that it helps to reduce cell damage
- It is also a good antioxidant
- It gets rid of free radicals and chemicals in ones body.
- Milk thistle also helps in reducing inflammation
- Milk thistle and psoriasis ~ Helps to decrease excessive skin cell growth.
- It helps to soften and moisturize skin
- Helps to give skin a healthy glow
- Milk thistle and
~ Can milk thistle help acne? Yes, it reduces inflammation. The milk
thistle acne treatment has been found to be effective within days of use
in some cases.
- Applied to the skin, it can help heal skin disorders such as
It reduces redness, inflammation and itchiness.
- Milk thistle cancer prevention ~ Milk of thistle protects the skin against cancer.
How to use the plant milk thistle
be taken as a milk thistle supplement or as a tea and it can also be
combined with other herbs. Milk thistle is often also used topically by
incorporating the product within skin products.
thistle dosage is 420 mg of silymarin milk thistle capsules daily. If
drinking milk thistle tea, the tea is made using either the seeds or an
extract of liquid milk thistle and boiling water.
Milk thistle side effects
effects of milk thistle are almost non existent…it has very little side
effects, the most common side effect is mild diarrhea, but this should
only last for one or two days. It is so mild in fact, that it is often
used by nursing mothers to increase breast milk supply.
NB allergic reaction milk thistle –
If you are allergic to ragweed or any other daisy or thistle plants,
you should avoid using milk thistle as it could cause a bad skin
Top milk thistle skin care page
Other pages on "remedies-for-skin" in connection with this page on milk thistle skin care
- Benefits of Vitamin E
Leave your milk thistle reviews…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?