Dying hair can be very damaging at home or the salon, but doing it naturally will cause no damage.
You can get the natural dyes in boxes at shops, and it will be permanent or you can make your own dye at home that will consist of herbs and all natural products, but these will only be semi-permanent.
Some examples of permanent natural hair dye that can be found In stores or online:
Henna dye: This dye is perfect for people with damaged hair and will reduce any risk of further damage. This hair colour agent is very gentle and all natural.
Light Mountain: This hair colour dye works particularly well on grey and damaged hair, but the only catch is that it is very hard to find. It can only be found online.
L'Oreal's Natural Match: This all natural, ammonia free hair colour is ideal for damaged hair, and can be found in brown and blonde. It only contains all natural ingredients like apricot, pomegranate and jojoba oil.
Eco Colour Hair Dye: This all natural and non-toxic hair colour can be found in any shops. It is in a ‘at home kit’, the result is not only colour, but healthy shiny hair. Some of the ingredients include: lecithin, natural antioxidants, vitamin E, vitamin C, nettles, rosemary, flower essence, grapefruit and seed extract.
Clairol's Natural Instincts: This hair colour is almost all natural. It is antioxidant-rich and ammonia free. Available in colours ranging from light blond to deep black and can be found in almost any drug store.
Homemade all Natural Hair Dye
Products in your house can be used as natural hair color dye like herbs, coffee, tea, fruits and honey.
It won’t be permanent, and it will keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
● Honey - Bleaches the hair naturally. Mix yoghurt and honey together to make it non-sticky. Apply and leave in for 2 hours. Do it once a week and 3-4 times for effectiveness.
● Black Tea - It darkens your hair colour. Brew a strong mixture of black tea from one or a couple of tea bags in hot water. Leave in for 3-4 hours , do this 2-3 times and you will see the colour change.
● Coffee - It gives red and brown highlights in dark hair. Prepare two cups of strong Coffee as you would to drink. Put the mixture in a tub and keep dipping and rinsing your hair in the mixture. With the excess coffee mixture leave it in the hair for 3-4 hours. Do this 4 times and you will see the difference.
● Lemons - It lightens or adds highlights to the hair. This works more slowly over several uses before noticed. The lemon juice acts as a bleach and can be intensified by exposing lemon treated hair to the sunlight.
Herb recipes for all natural hair dye
Herbs for Brown Hair
1/2 cup Nettle Leaf
1/2 cup Rosemary Leaf
1/2 cup Sage Leaf
5 cups of water
Directions - simmer the herbs with water in a pan for 30 minutes until water is very dark. Let it cool down and strain the herbs out.
Keep it in your hair for about an hour before showering each day, repeat until colour is dark enough.The herb mixture is also good for getting rid of dandruff andboosts hair growth.
Herbs for Light Hair
1 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups of strong chamomile tea
1 cup strong calendula tea
Directions - mix all the ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray into your hair. Brush through to even out.
It works best if you spray it on right before sun exposure for about
1-2 hours and several times a week for a more intense colour.
Herbs for Red Hair
4 cups of water
1 cup of calendula flowers
4 tablespoons of hibiscus petals
- Simmer the calendula/marigold and hibiscus for at least half an hour.
Strain off the flowers and store in the fridge.
Use as a final hair rinse at the end of each shower and try to dry your hair in the sun as often as possible.
Top natural hair dye of page.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with
* Coconut oil for hair
* Castor oil For hair
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
Bottom natural hair dye of page.