Psoriasis on the penis is actually a very common skin problem, especially psoriasis on the tip of the penis (glans penis). Flare ups are very common in this area due to the irritation that is caused during sexual intercourse.
Facts about Penile psoriasis:
- Psoriasis of the penis is not a venereal disease and cannot be sexually transmitted from one person to the other.
- Penis Psoriasis is an immune problem.
- Psoriasis of the penis can occur on circumcised and uncircumcised men.
- Symptoms of psoriasis on penis - Psoriasis in this area is usually not seen as the scaly psoriasis found on the body, but it shows up as smooth lesions or patches that are usually shiny and red in color. It is also usually very itchy.
- Early psoriasis on penis treatment has been shown to reduce the severity of the condition.
Penis psoriasis images:
Tips to help reduce flare ups
- Use a lubricated condom to protect the skin of the penis during intercourse.
- Always apply a moisturizer or any other lotions with clean hands.
- Strong topical steroid creams should be used sparingly and for short periods of time, as they can cause the skin to become thin and even more sensitive.
- Keep the genital area clean and dry.
- Avoid spermicidal creams
- Avoid tight fitting clothing.
- Avoid using fragranced products in this area.
- Wear cotton underwear only, this will allow the skin to breathe and absorb any extra moisture.
- Do not scratch or pick at it, you could cause an even worse infection.
- Keep stress levels to a minimum.
Psoriasis penis home remedies and other
- Try using Tamanu Oil. It is anti inflammatory and has an anti infectious action, as well as being a good moisturizer. It will help soothe and heal.
- Use Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion in-between bathing and after using the loo.
-Black Cumin Seed oil has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer and is very good for skin repair. It can be directly applied or used as a supplement, it is one of the top super foods. It is packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids.
- Ask your doctor about UV light treatments.
- Try a natural diet for removing psoriasis permanently. Read more here.
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Thinning skin Not rated yet
After having used various creams on the psoriosus the skin has thinned out to such a degree that any sexual activity puts it back to square one.
Creams? Not rated yet
Beware of courtezone creams, I only found out a couple of months after using it that it thins out the skin, now I have a bigger problem.
cayenne powder helped me Not rated yet
I had dry skin on the tip of my penis for over a year. A doctor told me it might be psoriasis and refered me to a dermatologist. I started looking …
Psoriasis on penis Not rated yet
i have been suffering from this for the past few years. I ma 20 years old and from child hood i have psoriasis but recently it have affected my penis..when …
Learn how to make your own natural skin care products and sell them, if you like!