Rosacea cures, information and home remedies
What is rosacea?
Rosacea looks like a red rash of fine blood vessels or small little bumps. If you are one of the 5% of people with this skin condition, you should know that Rosacea can be treated.
Rosacea is also not contagious. This skin condition is mostly found in women but is generally more severe in men. Treatment for rosacea should be done early.
Who gets Rosacea?
- Mostly women
- Women going through menopause
- Women in their forties
- Fair skinned persons
- Persons of Celtic ancestry
- Persons between the ages of 30 and 60
Which parts of the body are affected?
- The face, especially the nose area
Cause of acne rosacea?
- Some believe that it is caused by skin mites or an unidentified fungi or bacteria.
- It is also believed to be related to connective tissue problems
- It is usually passed on in the family (genetics)
What are the Rosacea symptoms?
- Blushing especially in hot weather.
- Areas of redness
- Small red bumps that look puss filled (usually found on the nose, cheeks, forehead and chin)
- Visible blood vessels on the nose and/or cheeks
- Sometimes a red, bulbous nose, called rhinophyma
- Sometimes a burning or grainy sensation in your eyes, called ocular rosacea
Rosacea cures ~ Know how to prevent flare ups
Things that worsen symptoms:
- Things that can make it worse include; hot weather, spicy foods, alcohol, hot drinks, coffee and tea.
Other things that might worsen the symptoms of Rosacea; Food
intolerances, vitamin deficiency and low stomach acid production.
- Being in the sun and also sweating.
Home remedies for Rosacea
Supplements that can be taken include; Beta-carotene, B vitamins,
Vitamin C, Zinc, Flaxseed oil, Acidophilus and bifidus, Betaine and
- Chrysanthellum Indicum Cream has been found to improve this condition within 12 weeks.
Cats claw extract can help reduce food sensitivity but should not be
taken if you are pregnant, breastfeeding and on certain meds. Check with
your doctor before taking this.
- Gotu Kola extract will also help heal the skin
- Green Tea Cream
- Grapeseed extract is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Niacinamide Cream will reduce inflammation, help with the skin’s moisture levels and help protect the skin against bacteria.
- Rose-wax and horse chesnut cream are helpful and can be applied daily.
- Jigucao is a great Chinese medicine for Rosacea treatment.
-Black Cumin Seed oil
has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer which is very
good for skin repair. It can be directly applied or used as a
supplement, it is one of the top super foods. It is packed with
vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids.
If your Rosacea is food related, it usually helps if you take digestive
enzymes. Apple cider vinegar can also be taken orally to stimulate the
release of digestive enzymes and help normalize bacterial balance in the
- Azelaic Acid cream helps protect the skin against bacteria that may cause rosacea
- Other natural products that can be used to treat rosacea; Aloe, Burdock, Chamomile, Red clover and Rose hips.
An all natural guide on how to permanently get rid of Rosacea
Other acne Rosacea treatment
- Antibacterial face washes
- Antibiotics such as Tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline, and amoxicillin
- Acne laser rosacea treatment
- Pulsed light therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Glycolic peels
Rosacea Cures ~ Looking after your skin
Other Rosacea skin care tips
- Use an elimination diet to find out which foods if any, are causing the problem.
- Use products for sensitive skin and make sure they do not contain alcohol.
- Do not rub your face or scratch it, also pat dry after cleansing.
- Try to keep out of direct sunlight as much as possible and always use a sun screen when out doors.
- Try to minimize emotional stress as much as possible.
- Use a moisturizer to decrease dryness
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas and bathing in hot water.
Common Rosacea food triggers
- Taken orally ~ Dairy products, alcohol, soy, yeast, avo, spinach, beans, peas, eggplant, citrus fruits, spicy foods.
- Used in products ~ Alcohol, Witch hazel, peppermint, clove oil, Eucolyptus oil, Menthol and Salicylic acid.
Top of rosacea cures page
Want to share your Rosacea cures and share your personal experience with us?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?