Nowadays, it is not uncommon to get pimples on the scalp. The skin on your scalp is just like the skin on the rest of your body, but the acne may be hidden by the hair.
Pimples on scalp areas can be very unpleasant and can become inflamed. A scalp pimple starts with dirt, sweat and oil clotting the hair follicles and causing pimples.
People dealing with dandruff, scalp folliculitis, scalp ringworm, scalp psoriasis and head lice are going to be more prone to scalp pimples.
There are two types of pimple breakouts:
● Mild cases - Proper hygiene will solve the problem.
● Severe cases - Doctor will prescribe steroids.
What Causes Scalp Pimples
● Poor hygiene.
● Excess intake of caffeine.
● Hormonal changes.
● Reactions to medications.
● Using too many hair products.
● Mites, bacteria or other organisms living under the skin.
Treatments for Pimples on Scalp
● Benzoyl Peroxide - Apply it on the scalp and it will remove dirt and oil, and your scalp will be pimple free.
● Tea tree oil - This oil can be put into the shampoo. It will unblock youpores, and helps soothe redness and discomfort.
Lemon juice and rose water - Rinse hair with lemon juice and rose
water and leave in for 30 minutes. It fights bacterial infections,
eliminates extra oil,unclogs pores and soothes irritation.
● Honey and cinnamon - Make a paste with honey and cinnamon leave it on the pimple for 15 to 20 minutes and follow this treatment method two to three times a week. This prevents the growth of bacteria.
Honey and cinnamon for acne.
Tips for Scalp Pimples
● Wash your hair on a regular basis. Cut down on too many hair products.
● Use acne medication. Use medication that work for your face, these will work for the scalp also.
● Massaging the scalp will loosen dead skin cells which may be clotting the pores.
● Brushing your hair can loosen up skin cells but, avoid brushing over the pimples, it might make it worse.
● Condition only the ends of your hair. One of the problems that cause scalp pimples, is oily scalp.
● Using some cider vinegar to rinse your hair keeps the follicles and glands clean. Making a cosmetic vinegar
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with
- Scalp psoriasis.
Do you have something to share about this?