What Causes Dandruff?
What is Dandruff & What Causes Dandruff?
Dandruff is old skin from the scalp
that comes in the form of dry or oily dandruff, we will discuss what causes dandruff below. Dry dandruff usually
falls like white snow on everything, you might notice some on your
clothes or on your pillows. Oily dandruff is noticeable on the hair,
because it sticks to the scalp and hair instead of falling off.
So what causes dandruff, those irritating flakes of skin that can be so embarrassing?
Here are some of the main dandruff causes…
- Not shampooing enough will cause a build up of dead skin cells.
- Over shampooing ~ Shampooing too often can cause overactive oil glands resulting in oily dandruff.
. Read more on
scalp psoriasis here.
- A weak immune system due to diseases such as heart attacks or strokes can increase chances of dandruff.
- Contact dermatitis. Allergic reactions to hair products including shampoos, dyes and hairsprays.
- Dust can aggravate a skin condition which can result in dandruff.
Not brushing enough ~ If you do not brush your hair regularly, you
cannot help your scalp rid itself from all of the old skin, which will
collect and appear as dandruff.
- Dry skin ~ People with dry skin often have dry dandruff problems.
Seborrheic dermatitis can lead to oily dandruff problems. This is an
oily acne skin problem that can be found on other areas of the body as
- Constipation can cause dandruff and many other skin ailments
- You are at higher risk of getting dandruff if you lack zinc and omega oils in your diet and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Eating too many sugary, salty or processed foods
- Not drinking enough water.
- Extreme cold or hot climatic conditions is one of the major causes of dandruff
- Excessive stress, anxiety and sleeplessness causes dandruff
- Exposure to harsh chemicals
- Seasonal allergies
- Hereditary factors
- Hormonal disorders
- Excessive sweating
- Food allergies
- Scalp fungus
A few easy ways to deal with dandruff is to, drink lots of water, try to consciously make more time to relax, or fully enjoy your time you have to relax. You could wear light colored clothing to mask it a bit lol...
A little sunlight for those that do not get out much mill be a good idea, the skin reacts with the sun and synthesizes vitamin D.
Vitamin D not only helps Dandruff but, it helps with Acne too.
Other pages on “remedies-for-skin" in connection with this page on What causes dandruff?
- Home remedies for dandruff
- Homemade dandruff shampoo
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?