Winter is the worst season for skin and one must take winter skin care tips to combat the dryness induced due to the severe weather.
Skin care in winter and winter skin care strategies
For winter skin protection, there are many winter skin care tips which may help to repair winter damaged skin and which help the skin in winter to remain moisturized and supple.
The harsh winds of the winter tend to play havoc with the skin so winter versus summer skin care needs more attention. That is why we all need winter skin care advice.
Ten winter skin savers…
• Beauty experts suggest an Aloe Vera based cleanser, since Aloe Vera contains antioxidants and potent healing properties, it is one of the best essential winter skin treatments. Get some all natural ingredients for cleansers.
• During winter the outer layer of the skin becomes very dry, causing dry winter skin, so one of the sure shot winter skin care tips is to keep your skin thoroughly moisturized to prevent this from happening... Constant moisturizing will also save one from itchy winter skin. A list of natural moisturisers you can make yourself
• To further avoid winter skin problems, one must make liberal use of sunscreen especially 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
• Daily nourishing of the skin at night with a night cream rich in vitamin A and E is very good for winter dry skin. Try to use outward and slightly upward strokes. Read more about the benefits of Vitamin E oil on the skin • If your skin is dry, avoid using soap, rather cleanse with a mixture of lemon and turmeric. The lemon contains loads of vitamin C and the turmeric will remove dead skin.
• Have an oatmeal milk bath! Put a cup of raw oats in a sock, tie a knot and place in your bath water at night. You can squeeze it a few times to get as much of the milk from the oats into your bath water as possible. This is great for dry skin.
• Hydrate your skin from inside for skin care in the winter, by drinking lots of water and try to carry a bottle of water whenever you go out. Drinking herbal green tea also helps to moisturize you from within and makes the skin glow… so far it is one of the best skin care tips for winter.
• Flaxseed oil which is available in oil and capsule form is fantastic for skin, it again helps to moisturize from within.
• The skin on your hands can be saved by wearing gloves while doing work which may prove rough for them.
• Emu oil capsules are not just used to cure many skin ailments, but can also keep your skin supple. You can use it as a topical oil or take the oil capsules daily as a supplement.
By following winter skin care tips one can bask in the glow and flush of skin which is winter infused.
By Poonam Bindra
- Dry skin
Do you have something to share about this?