Wolf Spider Bite
This type of spider bite is not deadly, but can cause some tissue damage.
spiders are commonly found in Australia and Arizona. Wolf spiders are
called “wolf" spiders because they have been believed to hunt in groups.
They are also called “the ground spider" or “the hunting spider". A
wolf spider doesn’t make a web to catch food, it actually hunts its
This type of spider is often found inside homes during the winter
months, this is because the spider is looking for a warm place to stay.
This spider is not aggressive and will only attack when taunted or when it is pressed up against something.
What does a wolf spider look like?
Stripes on their backs, its about two inches in length or smaller,
brown or gray in color, hairy with four small eyes, with two large eyes
on top of these and then two medium size eyes on top of those.
Symptoms of wolf spider bites
Have a look at the wolf spider bite picture of symptoms
- Bites cause pain, red swelling, itchiness and tenderness.
- Large holes where the spider bit, this is from the large fangs.
- Some people may experience nausea or dizziness. (see your doctor immediately)
- Lymph nodes may swell
- The skin may change color, sometimes even black discoloration
- Symptoms usually only last 10 days
- Tissue degeneration in severe cases, but this is very scarce with a wolf spider bite.
- A cold compress can alleviate swelling and some pain.
- You can ask your doctor for medication that will help with itching such as diphenhydramine
- Take some painkillers
- Do not try to cut the infected flesh out, this could cause more infection.
- Wash the wound with an antibacterial soap for treatment of a wolf spider bite.
- Antibacterial ointment can be applied to the wound to prevent spreading.
- Elevate the wound
- See your doctor immediately with any spider bite suspicion.
Other pages on remedies-for-skin in connection with a wolf spider bite
- Brown recluse spider bite
- Black widow spider bite
- Camel spider bite
- Spider bite symptoms
Share your pictures of wolf spider bites...
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
spider bites Not rated yet
It can be so dangerous i know because i suffered brown recluse spider bite on my vocation..
i was in texas at my uncles home and spider bites me.
Click here to write your own.