Yeast infection home remedy
Having a candida yeast infection is actually a very common occurrence affecting about 75% of all women in their life spans.
Why get expensive over the counter yeast infection treatments & medication when you can cure your yeast infection with natural things at home!?
Home remedies for yeast infections
- Garlic as a natural remedy for yeast infection ~ Inserting garlic into the vagina and/or eating lots of garlic. Yeast hates garlic! You can place an opened clove of garlic into the vagina or place crushed garlic on the vulva area. Garlic capsules are also available to those who don’t like the taste of garlic. This home remedy for yeast infection has been found to work really fast.
- One cup of natural apple cider vinegar (not plain vinegar) in your bath water will kill the yeast. Do not put it directly on the skin, it will burn you…it has to be diluted.
- 2 Acidophilus capsules can be placed inside the vagina every night before bedtime to cure vaginal yeast infection.
- A great natural cure for yeast infection is plain yogurt (unsweetened), this can be eaten daily and inserted into the vagina.
- Diluted tea tree oil can be applied to vaginal areas to treat yeast infection. Do not apply full strength tea tree oil to the area.
- Probiotic supplements or probiotic vaginal suppositories
- A mouth yeast infection can be treated by rinsing with warm salt water. A salt water mixture can be helpful in rinsing the vaginal area too.
- Treating yeast infections with Gentian violet ~ can be used orally or in the vaginal area. Can be done twice per day. Just remember this can get messy, it can stain clothing.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice or cranberry pills are used by many as a home remedy yeast infection solution.
- For oral thrush you can brush your teeth with a baking soda paste.
- Make a tea infusion with Rosemary…rinse the vulva with this as a cheap home cure for yeast infection.
Yeast infection home remedies TIPS
Yeast infection treatment tips
- Abstain from sex until the condition is corrected.
- Keep away from feminine products like sprays, wipes
- Do not douche with over the counter products, use the natural things mentioned on this page. Douching can cause frequent yeast infections.
- Always wear cotton underwear
- Drink plenty of water to flush out your system (drink at least 8 glasses of water daily)
- Keep away from birth control pills, which weaken the immune system and leave your system more prone to yeast infection. Most women found with chronic yeast infections are on the pill.
- Antibiotics will kill the good bacteria with the bad, which can actually cause a yeast infection. Try to stay away from antibiotics as much as possible.
- Keep your feminine areas dry and clean to prevent vaginal yeast infections.
- Avoid eating sugar and yeast containing foods.
- An oral yeast infection can be prevented by rinsing your mouth after using an inhaler.
- Take extra vitamin C, vitamin E and folic acid supplements
- Keep stress and anxiety to a minimal level to prevent recurring yeast infection
- If you are sexually active you will need to have your partner get treated for yeast too, as you will just end up re-infecting each other if you do not both get treated. Also use a condom during intercourse.
- Avoid sharing any personal hygiene products with somebody who has a yeast infection.
If the infection does not disappear with the natural cures for yeast infections or you find that you are having recurring yeast infections, it is best to see your doctor, chronic yeast infection could progress into a bacterial infection or urinary tract infection which is much more serious.
Other useful pages in connection with yeast infection home remedies
- Thrush while breastfeeding
- Infant yeast infection remedy ~ Oral thrush in babies
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Learn how to make your own natural skin care products and sell them, if you like!