Alternative Medicine For Psoriasis
Home remedies for psoriasis ~ Psoriasis help
Before we can discuss alternative medicine for psoriasis, you need to know the...
Symptoms of psoriasis
- Thick red or white scales
- Flaky patches of skin
- There may be puss filled blisters
- Cracking and bleeding
Read more in-detail on symptoms of Psoriasis here.
What does psoriasis look like? See more Psoriasis photos here.
- Usually found as scalp psoriasis, nail psoriasis, psoriasis on
hands, foot psoriasis, psoriasis on face, knees, elbows, ears and even
on the penis, but psoriasis can be found on any part of the body and in
severe cases some people have psoriasis patches all over their bodies.
- Side affects of psoriasis also include depression, hypertension and congestive heart failure among others.
What is psoriasis & Psoriasis causes
What causes psoriasis? There are no known causes of psoriasis; all
researchers know, is that it occurs when the skin grows too rapidly in
some areas, resulting in the skin cells collecting in these areas.
Is psoriasis contagious? Psoriasis is not contagious and cannot be
spread throughout your body through contact. It is an immune disorder.
- Psoriasis is also a disease that can be found in all different races as well as in all ages.
- Genetics play a role in this condition, but only a quarter of people who get it, have family members with the same problem.
Read more in detail on the causes of Psoriasis
Things that make psoriasis symptoms worse
- Stress and anxiety
- Overexposure to the sun
Some medication such as beta blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme
inhibitors as well as some anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen.
- Infections of the skin can also make this condition worse.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking
- Being overweight
- Injury to the skin like a scratch or cut.
Alternative medicine for psoriasis ~ Psoriasis home remedies
(there is no psoriasis cure, but these remedies will definitely help relieve symptoms)
- Vitamin for psoriasis ~ Spirulina, Omega 3 oils, vitamin D and C have been found to improve psoriasis
- Wash with a soap that doesnt make foam. Also make sure its 100% natural.
- Choose a good moisturizer that contains shea butter and urea.
- The moisturizer can contain comfrey or calendula, which are great at treating psoriasis symptoms.
Soak the affected area in warm water and sea salt (not hot) to soften
the skin and rehydrate it. This will also allow you to gently remove top
layers of skin. Always use a good moisturizer after wetting the skin.
- Good psoriasis lotion: Olive oil, Vaseline
-Black Cumin Seed oil has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer which is very good for skin repair.
- You can use a room humidifier to increase humidity levels, this will help keep some of the skins moisture.
- Choose soaps that are mild and moisturizing. A good psoriasis soap is Dove or Nivea cream bar.
- Avoid unnecessary products on your skin like hair dye.
- Be very careful not to injure yourself, this will only make the psoriases worse
Apple cider vinegar psoriasis ~ Apple cider vinegar has been used as a
psoriasis home remedy by many. You can put 1 cup of Vinegar into 1
gallon of water for soaking and placing on affected areas. Making a cosmetic vinegar.
- Some doctors recommend covering up the affected areas with OTC patches.
Four heaped table spoons of Epsom salts can be added to your bath
water. You can soak in this mixture for as long as possible, this can be
done daily for healing psoriasis areas.
- Aloe Vera gel applied topically is a great psoriasis home treatment
Psoriasis and diet ~ Eat a well balanced diet with plenty of water.
There is unfortunately no specific psoriasis diet available.
oatmeal bath is great to moisturize the skin. Put one cup of raw oats
into your bath water. I usually put it into a sock, so that I dont need
to clean a mess afterwards.
- An ointment containing salicylic acid or hydrocortisone can be used as a psoriasis medication, applied to reduce itching.
- Read more about coconut oil and its powerful ability to heal Psoriasis from the inside and outside.
- Colloidal Silver provides superb wound care when it is used topical for treatment of burns, eczema, psoriasis, thrush, and periodontitis.
More remedies here.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with alternative medicine for psoriasis
Want to share your own psoriasis treatments? Think you have found natural cures for psoriasis share them
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?