So, you wake up one morning and you notice the not-so-attractive eye bags underneath your eyes. You happen to have a very important day ahead of you, and you can't go out with your dramatic eye bags being the highlight of your gorgeous face!
So, you do what you always do, you turn to makeup. Well, I'm here to tell you that the expensive MAC concealer you just bought is not all that worth it. Many popular cosmetic brands fail to mention the dangerous chemicals that are used in the products they make for the people to use.
Did you know that lipsticks contain lead? That's dangerous, not to mention, scary!I bet you didn't know that mercury is used in skin creams such as skin lightening and bleach creams.
The bottom line is, there are so many dangers in blindly buying beauty products without the knowledge of the side effects they come with. Now, hold on! This is not another article telling you that you're beautiful the way you are and you don't need makeup to fulfill you. Makeup is an accessory, but it should not be harmful!
I'm a daily user of makeup, however, I use anti aging makeup, I personally make myself. Yes, DIY makeup is a thing, it's possible and very easy! Natural makeup is so amazing and it has the same feel as the $30 makeup powder you just bought for Christmas, only it's homemade makeup, which is less expensive.
I'm going to give you a basic and easy to follow recipe for a concealer/highlighter.
What you will need:
2. Argan oil
3. Shea butter
4. Witch hazel
5. Vegetable emulsifying wax Measurements:
1 teaspoon of Shea butter,1 tablespoon of vera aloe gel, 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil, 1/2 teaspoon emulsifying wax, 1 teaspoon witch hazel, 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons non-nano zinc oxide.
1. Melt the argan oil, shea butter, and emulsifying wax in a boiler until they have completely melted.
2. Add in the aloe vera gel and witch hazel together, then whisk until they have completely incorporated with the previous mixtures and become smooth.
3. Turn off the heat.
4. Add small amounts of cocoa powder at a time, until the desired highlight/color is reached. Do not make it too dark or too bright.
5. Dip the tip of anything into the mixture and allow it to cool for a few seconds. Test the color on your forehead or arm to be sure you’ve achieved the right tone for your skin.
6. Whip the mixture into the a container and allow it to cool.
There you have it! I know it seems like a bit of trouble and you're probably thinking, "Why should I go through all of that, when I can buy just buy a Mars concealer for $5 from Target?" The answer is quite simple; for the sake of your skin.
Ever since I began making my own makeup, my skin is much healthier.There are so many recipes and videos roaming the web, so if you are interested in beginning to make your own makeup, I suggest you start watching DIY cosmetic videos.
With that set in stone, let's talk anti aging makeup.
We have all been there. You spotted a few wrinkles around your eye area and you can't help but notice the way your skin is beginning to look around your lips. So you begin searching the web for anti aging makeup videos. There are countless anti aging cosmetics out there and so many do work. But, before you reach out to all those products, you must know that they do harm your skin in the long run.
Do not fear, makeup woman is here! Just like there are natural DIY cosmetics and natural DIY makeup, there are natural anti-aging creams. I would like to focus on anti aging hand creams. Our hands age faster than our faces, so it's important to many of us to have our hands look youthful once again.
The simplest way to do that is to moisturize. Our hands are exposed to many elements, so they need the most moisture. That's all there is to it. You can use products such as Regeniskin, SkinMedica TNS Recovery Complex, Neocutis Bio-restorative Skin Cream. These products can be pricey, but they work in the long run, and they contain natural products most of the time and that's what matters.
You can always turn to anti-aging cosmetics that make you look young temporarily, or go natural. The decision comes down to you.
Here are some tips that'll keep you looking like the sexy mama you are!
1. Water. Water is your best friend. Water helps with so many things like clear skin and weight loss, and most importantly, it helps decrease aging! It's not going to stop you from aging, but will slow down the process.
2. Alcohol is not your friend! Honey, I feel you back to back when you are in dire need of a drink and shedding some stress, but alcohol, red wine to be precise, is the girl that tried to sleep with your man. We don't like her. Stay away from red wine.
3. Sesame Oil has so many benefits. First off, it naturally cleanses dead skin skills and it also helps with aging. So girl, or guy, you cute person, you are not going to get any wrinkles today. Not on my watch. Grab some sesame oil, rub it down, and jump in the shower. Do it every day and I promise you'll see a difference.
4. Fish oil. I know, why would you ever... but hear me out. Fish oil is a bunch of great health benefits crumbled into one waiting for you to use it. Now I'm not saying drink fish oil, that's gross, but thanks to our advanced world, there are pills! If you take 500-milligram capsules of omega-3 fish oil one time in the morning and one time at night, you will be slaying in no time. Not only that, your skin will be glowing and your hair will be growing.
5. Cut down on the meat. We all love our steak, beef or pork, but it's not good for you. Matter of fact, meat is one of the foods that ages people quickly. Don't completely cut it out of your diet, just portion it.
The most sensitive part of your body are your eyelids. They have the thinnest layers, making them the most sensitive. Have you ever seen wrinkled eyelids? Not cute. But they happen, it's a part of our lifespan as humans, but that doesn't mean you can't do anything about it.
Here's what you're going to do, if you're having a hard time applying eyeshadow thanks to your eyelid wrinkles:
What You need:
1. Oil (any kind)
2. Vitamin E capsule
3. Plain yogurt
4. Lemon juice
What to do:
Empty the contents of about three or four Vitamin E capsules into a small container, break them in half and a powder/liquid should come out. Mix it with the oil of your liking, with 2 tsp. of plain yogurt. Add in 1/2 tsp. of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your eyelid wrinkles.
Tip: Sleeping well, exercising regularly, and getting a skin massage helps a lot, not only with wrinkles and aging, but with stress as well.
So, in conclusion, red wine is not your friend, water is. Making your own makeup is less expensive and a lot healthier. Aging is something that happens to all of us, but that doesn't mean you can't slow down the process. I hope you learned something new from this article, and that you enjoyed reading it. Maybe had a laugh or two. I wish you decelerated aging and healthy skin. Much love!
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page on anti aging makeup
Do you have something to share about this?