Unfortunately, try as we may, aging is inevitable. Aging causes changes in the fibroblasts that are responsible for the production of collagen and elastin. Wrinkles occur as part of the natural aging process, resulting from the breakdown of collagen and elastin that reside within the connective tissue of the skin.
Premature and/or excess wrinkles can also result from outside factors, such as sun exposure, harsh environments, smoking, illegal and/or harmful substances, excessive stress, weight fluctuations, loss of Vitamin E, and genetics.
While aging cannot be halted altogether – yet – there are many easy at-home remedies that provide the best anti-aging skin care. They are far cheaper to make and use than anti-aging skin care products or anti-aging supplements.
1. The first one is Olive Oil. Olive oil is one of the best anti-aging skin products available. Not only is it cheap, but it’s a great source of antioxidants, like Vitamin and Vitamin E, which stave off skin-damaging radicals.
Regularly massaging olive oil (It doesn’t matter what the specific type is) onto your skin will moisturize, repair, and regenerate your skin cells. The oil penetrates deep into your skin, where it provides long-lasting anti-aging skin care treatment and keeps the skin incredibly supple and moisturized.
Mix your olive oil with a few drops of honey for an extra anti-aging boost. Massage this mixture into your skin twice daily to eliminate dead skin cells and tighten up sagged skin.
Mixing olive oil with finely ground coffee provides an extra exfoliant benefit to your treatment. Put the mixture on your face, gently rubbing in small circles. Leave on for about fifteen minutes before washing off with warm water. Your skin will stay soft and supple for days. Repeat this process once a week for added benefits to your anti-aging skin care treatment.
2. Fenugreek leaves, seeds, and even oil work as an antidote for myriad skin problems, including aging and wrinkles. Fenugreek is rich in anti aging vitamins and minerals that are easily absorbed through the skin to help treat wrinkles and fine line. Therefore, Fenugreek capsules make for excellent anti-aging supplements.
If using fresh Fenugreek leaves, grind up a handful to make a thick paste. Apply this to your face and leave on overnight. In the morning, gently wash off with lukewarm water.
If you are going the even cheaper route, open up two Fenugreek capsules and mix with a little bit of olive oil. Apply to your face, and leave on for as long as possible. Wash off with luke warm water.
You can also wash your face with water boiled with Fenugreek seeds, or use Fenugreek oil directly.
3. Aloe Vera is one of the magical plants that has a copious amount of uses. It contains malic acid, which helps reduce wrinkles by increasing your skin’s elasticity. It’s easy to use, easy to grow, and abundant in supply at home improvement stores, like Home Depot and Lowe’s.
Cut an Aloe Vera leaf from the plant and squeeze out the gel. Apply this onto your skin, and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Gently wash off with lukewarm water.
Another option is to mix 1 tsp. of the gel with the contents of a Vitamin E or Fenugreek capsule. Apply this mixture to your face, leave on for 30 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
4. Ginger is another excellent anti-aging skin care remedy. They have an extremely high antioxidant content that helps to inhibit the weakening of elastin. It is that breakdown that causes wrinkles and fine lines, so ginger is a skin saviour.
Mix just a pinch of grated ginger with a tablespoon of honey. Eat this mixture every morning.
Alternatively, or even additionally, you can drink ginger tea twice a day.
5. Bananas are far more than just yummy – they are one of the best anti-aging foods there are. Bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that fight off wrinkles and fine lines. Using bananas as a skin care treatment twice a week will significantly rejuvenate your skin and treat wrinkles.
Mash up two ripe bananas into a thick paste. Apply this to your face, and leave on for at least 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water, and apply some facial moisturizer.
You can also use a mixture of one banana and one avocado. Add in a little honey and slather it all on your face. Leave this mask on for 20 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
6. Almonds have many uses, but are best known for being an excellent source of: Fiber, Vitamin E, Zinc, Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid, and Oleic Acid. This anti-aging food’s benefits can all be combined to stave off the effects of the aging process, as well as to treat existing wrinkles.
Soak some almonds in milk overnight. In the morning, remove the skin of the almonds and grind them up into a thick paste. Apply this paste to your face, paying special attention to the under eye area, since this area gets a lot of fine lines and dark circles. Leave this on for 20 to 30 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water. Do this anti-aging treatment daily.
Alternatively, pick up some almond oil. Massage this into your skin each day to delay aging. Almond milk cleansers work really well too.
7. Lemons are some of the best anti-aging foods around. Lemon juice is rich in citric acid, which is a fantastic exfoliant. It is also a deep-reaching agent and astringent that will help deep-cleanse your face and fade blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
Gently rub a little bit of juice into your skin (Careful of your eyes are nose!), and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse face with lukewarm water. Do this 2 to 3 times per day for best results.
Alternatively, you can mix 1 teaspoon each of yogurt, honey, Vitamin E oil (Open a capsule, since it is cheaper this way), and lemon juice. Spread this mix on your face and leave on for 20 minutes before washing it off.
8. The most obvious, and the cheapest, anti-aging food is water. Drinking water is one of the easiest – and most effective – natural home remedies when it comes to anti-aging skin treatment. Water keeps your body hydrated and maintains the moisture level in the skin. When the body is dehydrated, your skin will look drastically aged.
Be sure to drink filtered water, as unfiltered water may have traces of chemicals that can have adverse effects on your skin over time. Drink at least two litres per day. Have one full glass (8 oz.) in the morning to jump start your metabolism and digestive system, as well as to rehydrate from any sweating your body did during the night. Keep a water bottle beside you throughout the day, and keep track of your intake. Avoid alcohol, carbonated beverages, and diuretics such as coffee.
While these natural anti-aging remedies and anti-aging foods are a great start, your skin may need a little extra help. Luckily, there are plenty of over-the-counter anti-aging skin treatments and anti-aging creams that are affordable and incredibly effective.
1. Olay’s Total Effects 7 – in – 1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer is a great, affordable anti-aging skin care product.
2. Boots Botanics Intensive Wrinkle Reduction Serum is a great, over-the-counter anti-aging skin cream that can be found in places like Target.
3. L'OREAL PARIS Age-Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Advanced Skin Repair Serum repairs and renews your skin.
Aging is a natural part of life, unfortunately, and leads to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. With these above natural remedies and affordable products, you will be able to retard the process and stay looking young for many years!
Anti-aging nutrition news
Do you have something to share about this?