Best Massage Oil
What is the best massage oil? Very good question. A good massage oil, is one that will not leave you feeling greasy, and it will not go rancid too soon. Most importantly, it will not cause any allergic reactions.
Recommended Massage Oils:
Sweet Almond Oil
– Quite a popular choice, it is used very often by massage therapists
and has a slight nutty but sweet smell. It does not absorb too quickly,
which allows for a nice glide whilst massaging, but it does absorb
easily, so that you do not feel oily afterwards. People with nut
allergies should not use this oil.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil:
* Sweet Almond Oil has anti-inflammatory properties.
* It helps restore the skins PH balance.
* It reverses the harmful effects of the sun.
* It is great for back acne; it dissolves the sebum that causes acne.
Read more about Sweet Almond oil here
Apricot Kernel Oil – Very similar to Sweet Almond Oil, it is actually a great alternative for anyone that may have nut allergies. This oil will absorb nicely, allowing for a relaxing massage, without leaving you feeling oily afterwards. Quite relaxing when used as a full body oil massage.
Benefits of Apricot Kernel Oil:
* It contains High amounts of Vitamin E, which is an anti-oxidant that neutralizes free radicals.
* Contains Vitamin A, which keeps skin membrane cells healthy.
* Anti Aging.
* It is a non-greasy skin moisturizer.
* It can also reduce stress, pain and inflammation.
Jojoba Oil – It does not irritate the skin, because it resembles the skins natural oils. It absorbs a little quicker than Almond or Apricot Kernel, and is silky smooth. It is one of the best massage oils, very nice to use with aromatherapy massage oils, as a base oil in many different massage oil recipes.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil:
* Contains Vitamin E and Vitamin B, which prevents development of Acne.
* It reduces swelling and redness of skin conditions.
* It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Read more about Jojoba oil here.
Coconut Oil – It smells great and is very light. It penetrates deep into the skin, drawing out toxins. Some use a massage oil warmer, especially in winter for a hot oil massage.
Benefits of Coconut oil:
* It is a great moisturizer, due to the Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids.
* It can protect against the suns harmful rays, and has a general SPF rating of between 4 and 7. Read factors to consider when deciding on your SPF level of sun protection.
* The high amounts of anti-oxidants, prevent the formation of age spots.
Read more about Coconut Oil here
Avocado Oil – It is a heavier oil and is green in color, it penetrates the skin very nicely and is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and more. It is usually mixed with Sweet Almond oil in homemade massage oil recipes.
Benefits of Avocado Oil:
* It is recommended for clients with mature skin.
* Very helpful for people suffering from Eczema or Psoriasis.
* It is regenerative and helps dry, undernourished skin.
Read more about Avocado Oil here
Grapeseed Oil – This massage oil is smooth, silky and is almost odorless.
Benefits of Grapeseed Oil:
* It has one of the strongest anti-oxidants that fight the signs of skin aging.
* An excellent moisturizer.
Read more about Grapeseed Oil here.
Back to top of Best Massage Oil Page
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
End of Best Massage Oil Page