Cataracts Symptoms Treatment
What are Cataracts?
A cataract, is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye and is usually clear. Cataracts start with build-up of protein in the lens and this makes it cloudy.
At first, it will only affect a small part of the eye’s lens and will go unnoticed, as it grows larger, eyesight will get cloudier and increased symptoms will appear.The main cause of blindness in people over 40 years old, is cataracts.
Types of Cataracts:
● Age related cataracts - it develops as a result of aging.
Congenital cataracts - the cataracts develop during childhood, or
sometimes babies are born with it, as a result of infection, injury or
● Secondary cataracts - this cataract is
the result of a medical condition or toxic substance like radiation,
diabetes or ultraviolet light.
● Traumatic cataracts - these form after injury to the eye.
Symptoms of Cataracts Include:
● Clouded, blurred or dim vision.
● Double vision.
● Light sensitivity.
● Sudden changes in glasses prescription.
● Problems seeing at night.
● Changes in the way you see colour.
● Problems with glare in the day or night time.
● Seeing "halos" around lights or objects.
● When lights are dim vision gets worse.
● Reading becomes difficult, then eventually impossible.
As the Symptoms starts to appear, you can control it with glasses, strong bifocals and magnification.
Surgery is the best option when it comes to cataracts; the surgery is relatively painless and very simple.
How Cataract Surgery Works
the surgery the surgeon will remove the clouded lens, or in some cases
replaces it with a clear lens. Cataract surgeries are very successful in
Vitamin E is a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin that will decrease
the risk of cataracts. It can be found in foods such as: spinach, kale
and other green vegetables.
2. Vitamins that contain omega- 3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of cataracts.
3. Wear protective sunglasses that block 100 percent of the sun's UV rays when you are outdoors.
Top of Cataracts Symptoms Treatment page.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with:
* Cataracts surgery cost.
* Itchy eyelids.
* What cause dark circles under eyes ?
* Pink eye symptoms.
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
Bottom of Cataracts Symptoms Treatment page.