Causes of Excessive Sweating
The main causes of excessive sweating and remedies.
Do you struggle with excessive sweating?
Most of the time perspiration is natural, and is not cause for concern, but there are a few cases in which substances or even a medical condition is the cause for unusual sweating.
Sweating is the body’s way of cooling you down; normally a person will sweat in reaction to warm temperatures, emotional stress or during exercise.
When you find yourself sweating for no reason, and the sweating is
excessive, you may have a medical condition called hyperhidrosis.
sweating causes embarrassment and is extremely uncomfortable. To find a
solution we first need to pinpoint specific causes of sweating…
A little background on Hyperhidrosis.
you do have Hyperhidrosis, the sweating can be localized or all over
the body. This condition usually starts during puberty. You may have
excessive night sweating, or you may not.
Body parts that
sweat the most are the face, feet, hands, armpits and groin area, just
because these are the areas where there are more sweat glands.
cause of Hyperhidrosis can be attained or inherited through your
genes. If you attained it later on in life, it could have been a
result of a health problem or may just appear with no known cause.
What causes excessive sweating?
The causes of excessive sweating problems:
• Emotional stress:
Panic attacks often lead to profuse perspiration. Persons with
depression, often sweat more than others. If you feel that it might be
stress causing you to sweat more, you should find ways of decreasing
your stress levels or seek help.
• Diseases: There are
a few health disorders that can cause extreme sweating such as:
Diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, cancer and many more. Diabetes
sweating problems are most common.
• Hormonal fluctuations: Such as menopause, pregnancy and many other conditions related to hormones.
There are quite a few medications that can cause a sweating problem,
consult your doctor to pin point which medication is the culprit,if any.
• Obesity: Excess weight on a person can definitely
cause additional sweating. When you are overweight, your body needs to
work harder to keep everything running smoothly.
Symptoms and signs of Hyperhidrosis:
• Moist palms of hands and soles of feet
• May have profuse neck sweating / head sweating / facial sweating and/or underarm sweating
• Sweating that soaks through clothing
• Bacterial or fungal skin infections
• Person becomes self-conscious and anti-social
• May suffer from depression
• May suffer from night sweating ( sweating while sleeping )
How to stop sweating! Is there a cure for excessive sweating?
Some remedies and tips
• The use of armpit shields can help to protect clothing against armpit sweating.
• Certain types of fabrics can cause more sweating, avoid synthetic fibres in clothing and shoes.
Prevent sweating to a certain degree by avoiding the consumption of
alcohol, coffee, spicy foods, and smoking cigarettes. Avoid applying
• Control your sweating naturally by
drinking as much Green tea as possible during the day; some have said
that their sweating stops immediately they start drinking Green tea.
• Herbs that can help reduce sweating are: Sage and St. Johns wort.
If you want to make a lifestyle change and know how to stop sweating
naturally, you should: Eat less meat, dairy, salt, sugar and refined
starch. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Increase your water intake.
How to stop excessive sweating with other treatment options
• Botox for sweating: Botox injections can be used to block nerve impulses to the sweat glands.
There is surgery that can effectively stop excessive sweating. Some
nerves and glands are removed to reduce sweating or even stop sweating
all together. Top of causes of excessive sweating
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with causes of excessive sweating
* Back acne
* Acne prone skin care
* Home remedies for acne
Share your treatment for excessive sweating…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?