Coconut oil can be used for all hair and skin types. It is great for radiant, silky, soft looking hair especially!
Always use unrefined, pure virgin coconut oil for hair, it has gone through less processes than refined coconut oil and therefore still contains all its healthy goodness, which is good for your hair.
Advantages of Using Coconut Oil on Hair
• Coconut oil as a hair treatment can help fix broken colour treated hair.
Coconut oil hair growth: Coconut oil for hair growth? Yes, coconut oil
can help your hair grow much faster because its nutrients penetrate
right down into the hair follicles. It can therefore also slow down hair
• Coconut oil can be used to get rid of scalp problems such as dandruff.
• Coconut oil helps give flat lifeless hair body and shine.
Coconut oil protects the hair from environmental damage (including
damage from the sun). It protects against protein and moisture loss.
• Coconut oil has antibacterial properties which can help protect the scalp from bacterial and fungal infections.
A coconut oil hair treatment will increase blood circulation to the
hair as well as oxygen and nutrients. Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E,
K and Iron. This also merits why a coconut oil hair loss treatment is
How to use coconut oil on your hair:
Measure out 4 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil. Warm the coconut on the
stove, just until it liquefies. Wait for it to cool down just enough,
so that it doesn’t burn you when applying it.
• If you have oily roots already, you can apply the oil only to your points and dry areas.
Massage the coconut oil into your hair and roots. Be sure to cover
everything. Use a comb, to make sure that the coconut oil has covered
• Use a clip to keep your hair together on the top
of your head and cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic packet.
You can leave the mixture on for anything between 30 minutes to a few
hours, obviously the longer it stays on, the better the results are
going to be.
• Remove the hair covering and shampoo your hair, until it doesn’t feel greasy anymore.
• Your hair should feel really soft, shiny and luxurious after this coconut oil hair treatment.
Other tips in addition to using coconut oil
Avoid excessive heat on the hair such as hair straigteners, that dry
out the hair. Allowing your hair to dry naturally instead of blow drying
it every time, can help reduce heat damage to your hair.