Combination skin acne treatments need to target the oily skin and the dry skin.
If you have “combination skin”, you are likely to have an oily T zone, which is the skin on the forehead, nose and chin. One of the most typical characteristics of combination skin is the dry patch of skin around your cheeks.
When you have a combination skin, you need to keep an eye on your T-Zone because this is the area that is most prone to acne breakouts. This is why you need to arm yourself with practical, result-oriented and highly effective combination skin solutions. In fact, even for specialists dealing with acne, combination skin treatment is often one of the biggest challenges.
To begin with, your combination skin care regimen should have two aims, namely:
• To balance the oil production in your T-Zone
• To dry out oily patches without over drying the normal areas
What are the causes of combination skin? You are genetically wired to have combination skin, which means that you will just have to learn how to take care of combination skin.
The 3-Step Regimen
When undertaking skincare for combination skin, you will need to be more careful about the specific products you use, from daily care products to the make-up you use.
Follow the below daily routine, especially after you’ve been out for long periods of time or have faced excessive pollutants.
Step 1 - Cleanse
As your first step in planned combination skin acne treatments, wash your skin with a gentle, foaming cleanser, at least twice a day. A natural cleanser is always best. Natural cleanser recipes here.
Step 2 – Tone up
A good toner for combination skin can really help you ward off acne effectively. Before you go on to step 3, apply a toner to balance out your skin. In fact, you can also dab some toner on your oily points, just before you go to bed at night. Natural toner recipes here.
Step 3 – Moisturize
Use a natural moisturizer. Use gentle strokes of your fingers to apply it all over your face and neck so that all the areas are hydrated adequately. For best results, look for a moisturizer that contains salicylic acid. Remember, if your skin is left too dry, it will actually begin to overproduce its natural oils. Natural moisturizers here
Combination Skin Care – 5 Masks You Can Use
The most effective masks and home remedies:
1. Apply a mask made from almond, egg yolk and a bit of orange juice for 15 minutes everyday. Facial mask recipes
2. Another effective mask for combination skin can be made by mixing 2 tablespoons each of honey, milk powder, peach pulp and lemon juice.
3. Smashed avocado blended with a little olive oil will make for a good moisturizer.
4. For the oily areas, make a facial scrub from honey, aloe vera, lemon and oatmeal.
5. For the dry patches, try a moisturizing mask made from olive oil, tea tree oil, Aloe Vera and lemon juice.
Combination skin care tips
Even as you equip yourself with all the essential combination skin care information, it is important that you keep a few important guidelines in mind to ensure best results. Here, we’ve listed the most important tips for you to follow:
- Choose products specifically for combination skin
- Always use a very gentle cleanser and a mild soap.
- Apply acne treatment only to the T-Zone, unless required otherwise.
-Black Cumin Seed oil has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer which is very good for skin repair.
- Avoid products containing benzoyl peroxide, since it can have a very strong drying effect on our skin, though it can help clear out pimples when applied directly on the spots.
- Avoid make-up products and foundation that contain oil or other substances that could clog your pores or irritate your skin. For instance, a powder or liquid foundation, especially formulated for acne prone skin is the best foundation for combination skin.
- Essential oil combination skin care ~ Geranium, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang and Neroli Hydrosol can be used on combination skin as a moisturizer.
- Do not expect immediate results.
By Jasmin Pannu
Do you have something to share about this?