Dandruff Home Remedies
Natural dandruff remedies
Firstly you need to know that there are two types of dandruff. Dry dandruff and oily dandruff.
If you are going to use home remedies for dandruff, you need to first identify which type of dandruff you have.
Dry dandruff usually falls like white snow on everything, you might notice some on your clothes or on your pillows.
Oily dandruff is noticeable on the hair, because it sticks to the scalp and hair instead of falling off.
Dandruff home remedies ~ The symptoms
Symptoms of dandruff
- Visible dandruff flakes
- Itchy scalp
- The scalp may become red, if the individual is scratching.
- Excessively oily or
- Can occur as scalp dandruff, beard dandruff and/or eyebrow dandruff
NB ~ If you have severe dandruff and your scalp is itchy, you should try
to avoid scratching, scratching can cause other scalp problems too.
How to treat dandruff the natural way
Dry dandruff home remedy
- Tea tree oil for dandruff ~ A few drops of Tea tree oil mixed with
some olive oil can be massaged into the scalp as a home remedy for
dandruff. This will help for the itching. You can also put some tea tree
oil inside your shampoo. (a few drops is enough)
seeds soaked overnight in water and then ground into a paste. Can be
applied all over the scalp and left for an hour. This can be done twice
- Jojoba oil massaged into the scalp can help get the scalps natural moisture back, which will help get rid of dandruff.
- Neem can be applied directly onto the scalp and will also help relieve itchiness.
Coconut oil can be applied to the scalp warm, massage it in for best
results. Leave it on the scalp for as long as possible to remove
dandruf. Read more benefits of applying coconut oil to hair and scalp.
- Baby oil can also be used to massage into the scalp, leave on for as long as possible before rinsing off.
Oily dandruff cures
- Dried crushed Margosa leaves can be put on the scalp to absorb
extra oils and reduce itching. These leaves will also help to prevent
- Lime, lemon juice and/or apple cider vinegar ~ This can be used with water to rinse your hair after washing it.
Jojoba oil can also be used as an oily dandruff remedy, massage it into
the scalp to help the skin regain its PH balance. This is a well known
homemade dandruff cure.
- Put pure white vinegar on your hair (you do not need to dilute it) Leave it on for a few hours if possible. Making a cosmetic vinegar
Click Here for homemade dandruff shampoo recipes
Try to illuminate what is causing the dandruff in the first place…
What causes dandruff?
- Low immune system due to disease or colds is one of the common causes of dandruff.
- Constipation can cause dandruff and many other skin ailments.
- Stress and anxiety and sleeplessness
- Bad diet that lacks the intake of fruits
- Harsh shampoos or hair products like hairspray or gel
- Extreme cold or hot climatic conditions is one of the major dandruff causes
- Eating too many sugary, salty or processed foods
- Not washing your hair often enough or washing too often.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Hormonal disorders
- Scalp fungus
Other dandruff causes discussed here
Other dandruff treatment tips
- Brush your hair daily to improve blood circulation
- Use a special dandruff shampoo. The best dandruff shampoo to use, is one that contains Tea tree oil.
- Plenty of Vitamin D and some sun exposure are great for a healthy scalp.
- Avoid coming into contact with any chemicals that could worsen the dandruff.
, flaxseed oil and
vitamin E oil
with help with the general health of your scalp and skin.
- Switch the type of shampoo you use every two weeks
- Avoid using hair color or dye too often, this may dry out the scalp
Remember that none of theses remedies will work with only one
application, you need to use them for at least two weeks before you will
notice any results. Be persistent!
Other pages on “remedies-for-skin.com" in connection with dandruff home remedies
- Dry scalp remedies
- Scalp psoriasis
Share your dandruff cure and/or dandruff tips here…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?