Our lips are the most sensitive parts of our bodies. Just as well, they are the most prominent and outstanding features on our faces. Due to this, any form of condition affecting the lips is taken seriously and is treated with a lot of concern by the affected party. The individual may experience a drop in self-esteem, confidence and in some cases depression.
Fortunately, lip conditions are in most cases not a cause of alarm. They can range from lip discoloration to the formation of pimples and rashes around the lip area. Each of these conditions has its unique causes and remedies.
This is where the lips have an uneven skin tone, with darkening or lightening of some sections of the lips. It is experienced by both men and women. Lip discoloration may be seen as dark spots on lips and white spots on lips.
Dark spot on lip areas
There are many causes for dark spots on lips.
• Excessive exposure to the sun.
• Lip eczema.
• Consumption of large amount of caffeine.
• Consumption of chilli (hot/spicy) foods.
• Constant biting and liking of the lips, that results in dark skin around lips.
• Excessive amounts of iron in the body.
• Hormonal changes.
• Vitamin B deficiency.
• Allergy reaction to oral products such as toothpaste and lip care products that may cause lip eczema.
• Use of low quality or expired lip care products.
• Cigarette smoking.
• Other pigmentation issues.
Natural home remedies that serve to treat or reduce dark spots on lips include;
• Apple cider vinegar acts as a bleach, to clear lip discoloration. For best results, the liquid is applied on the dark spots 2-3 times a day. In the absence of apple cider vinegar, beetroot can serve the same purpose.
• Intake of sufficient amount of water to prevent the lips from being dehydrated.
• Lemon juice treatment involves a mixture of 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. The mixture is applied for three minutes.
• A mixture of rose petals and glycerine is rubbed onto the discoloured lips for 2-3 minutes daily.
• Application of petroleum jelly to moisturize the lips.
White spots on lips can be due to the following reasons;
• Cold sores. Cold sores on lips develop from a viral infection known as herpes. They are liquid filled blisters that appear white in color.
• Allergy to skin care products may lead to the formation of white dots on lips.
• Sunburned lips are as a result of too much exposure to the ultra-violet rays of the sun.
• Bacterial infections due to poor mouth hygiene may lead to white bumps on lips.
• Biting and liking lips may result in the same condition.
Natural home remedies that reduce the white lip discoloration include;
• Improved hygiene will help control the occurrence of white spots on lips.
• Application of vitamin E ointments.
• Use lip balm with sunscreen components.
• High quality lip care products should be used.
• Consumption of foods with high quantity of vitamin E.
In addition to home remedies, white dots on the lips caused by cold sores can be treated using antiviral drugs.
Excessive lip eczema may result in inflammations that may lead to the appearance of pimples on lip areas. This however can be treated, by adapting a proper lip care routine.
Lips should be frequently exfoliated using a toothbrush to remove dead cells and avoid peeling. This can be accompanied by moisturizing the lips frequently to ensure good results.
Individuals with pimples on lip area, are advised to do the following;
• Use high quality skin and lip care products.
• Eat a balanced diet and drink enough water to moisturize the lips.
• Apply petroleum jelly to avoid dry lips.
• Use natural face moisturizers.
• Use natural lip gloss, instead of chemical laden make-up. Natural DIY makeup recipes here.
In some instances, lip eczema may lead to bumps on lips.
Home treatment for bumps on lips will include;
• Use of natural lip care products, to avoid side effects of artificial additives.
• Consuming enough water to keep the lips hydrated.
• The individual can use lip balms to keep the lips moisturized as a supplement to the home remedies.
A constant spread of tiny bumps on lips, may results in a lip rush. A rush on the lips is itchy and gives the lips a dehydrated feeling. Lip rash can be treated in the same manner as the bumps and pimples on lips.
Many people suffer from an uneven skin tone. Freckles, acne scars, blemishes, sun spots, and other skin pigmentation disorders can cause dark patches and discoloration.
There is now help for people looking to get rid of dark patches of skin. Skin Whitening Forever is ALL natural and will help even out your skin tone.
If a person has an uneven skin tone it can affect them in a number of ways:
There are many creams and bleaches that claim they can lighten the skin tone. These products are harsh and often irritate the skin. They are also every expensive. Skin Whitening Forever uses all natural methods and includes natural recipes that can be made for much less than any over the counter products.
Skin Whitening Forever is easy to use and can be used for a number of different skin conditions.
Advantages of Skin Whitening Forever:
Before long, with the help of this program, you will notice that your skin is lighter, has an even tone, and feels more nourished.
Get your confidence back today…
Generally, most lip conditions do not pose a health risk to the affected person. These conditions can be easily treated at home with natural remedies.
A recurrence of the same can also be avoided by maintaining proper oral hygiene and a good balanced diet. A change in the type of lifestyle is also advised for those who smoke and consume alcohol.
A persistent lip condition that does not respond to home remedies should be a source of concern. Lip discoloration, pimples and rashes that seem to be spreading should be a sign that an individual should see a dermatologist.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...