Commercial soaps can worsen eczema symptoms and strip your skin from moisture, this is why it is always best to use a natural eczema soap product or even better, make your own homemade natural soap for eczema.
If you are not sure if you have eczema, you can read the symptoms of eczema here
Make your own eczema soap
1. You can buy a soap base and melt it on low heat.
3. Pour the mixture into a soap mold. You should let the soap cool at room temperature, unmold and then wrap in saran wrap or other air tight wrapping.
The best soap for eczema
- Ingredients: 1 large Dove bar, 4 tablespoons of oatmeal and 5 tablespoons of water.
- Method: Grate your Dove soap bar into a microwave dish. Add the water and microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. Open the microwave a few times during the two minutes to stir so that it doesn’t burn. Start mixing in your oatmeal a little at a time after it has melted. Pour the mixture into a soap mold. You should let the soap cool at room temperature, unmold and then wrap in saran wrap or other air tight wrapping.
Handmade soap eczema video…
A list of some ingredients that are great to add into an eczema soap…
- Oatmeal ~ The best soap for eczema contains Oatmeal, which is a pore cleanser and moisturizer.
- Goats milk ~ Moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Raw honey ~ Honey is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. DIY honey mask recipes here.
- Virgin olive oil
- Bay leaf
-Black Cumin Seed oil has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer which is very good for skin repair.
Soap and eczema tips
- Bath only once per day to avoid drying out of the skin (unless you exercise, because sweat can also make eczema symptoms worse)
- Always use a natural moisturizer after a shower or bath.
- Read more on how to remedy eczema here
- When buying eczema soaps…
• Look for soaps that contain no or little sulfate. Sulfate is the substance that makes a soap foamy, this is also what dries out the skin.
• Look for moisturizing soaps like Dove
Want to share your own soap eczema recipes or ideas? Ask your soap making eczema questions…
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...