What are the Beauty Benefits of using an Egg Face Mask?
Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrients.
Remove excess oiliness.
Shrink the size of pores.
Reduces the amount of sebum produced.
Eggs contain Lysozyme, which is an enzyme that kills acne-causing bacteria.
Helps to heal skin. Feeds the skin.
Eggs hydrate and moisturize.
Eggs contain antioxidants! We all know those are needed to remove free radicals and prevent aging. The Riboflavin in eggs fights against free radicals.
Eggs have got the power to increase the elasticity of skin! Eggs contain proteins, these proteins are responsible for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The high amounts of collagen and Vit A (repairs any cell damage)., B vitamins (B2, B12, B5), and vitamin D found in egg, make it a wonderful skin remedy for problems such as rosacea, fever blisters, dry skin and hair, burns, acne and rashes. They contain Zinc. Zinc is also amazing at healing wounds.
This basic mask for all skin types is nourishing to the skin and will leave your skin softer and with a youthful glow.
All you need is one egg! Separate the yolk from the white and keep the yellow of the egg for breakfast. You could alternatively keep the yellow to use as a moisturizer, if you have a very dry skin. Get our DIY natural moisturizing recipes here.
Once your whites have been separated, you can whip it up until foamy.
You can use just is, or you can add in extras according to your specific skin type and needs…
This is the most simple, straightforward recipe for glowing, healthy-looking skin.
Egg White Face Mask with Oatmeal
This mask is great for exfoliating and the best part: it is suitable for any skin type, so even dry or irritated skin will benefit from this recipe.
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons of honey
• 2 teaspoons of dry oatmeal oats
• Always remember to start by cleansing your face. You do not want to apply your mask over dirt or makeup.
• Beat the egg whites in a bowl or blender until they are light and bubbly.
• Warm the honey in a microwave or top of a stove, until it becomes soft enough to be stirred easily. Make sure not to overheat the honey as you do not want to burn your skin.
• Add the honey and the oatmeal to the egg whites and stir until it becomes a thick paste.
• Apply the mixture to your skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
• Rinse the mixture off with warm water and apply a gentle moisturizer.
All three of these recipes are excellent for restoring a healthy, youthful glow to your skin. An egg white face mask is an excellent addition to your weekly skincare routine and will do wonders and will keep you looking beautiful and your skin feeling fresh and smooth.
Anti - aging Egg White Facial Mask Ingredient Options
Adding any one or more of the ingredients below, will turn the basic egg white mask above into an anti-aging treatment. All you need to do, is add and mix.
The following can be used for all skin types.
1. A few drops of Vitamin E oil – Reduces the appearance of fine lines and preventing age spots. It boosts collagen production. Read more about the benefits of Vitamin E oil for skin and its food sources.
2. 1 tsp. of Aloe Vera gel – It contains Vitamin C and E, which will help keep your skin hydrated and firm.
3. 1 tbsp. Almond milk – Almond milk is a rich vitamin E source, helping to prevent wrinkles and even skin blemishes. Almond milk contains Riboflavin, which helps the skin use Oxygen. The Niacin in Almond milk traps the moisture in cells and therefore keeps your skin hydrated. Get your DIY almond milk skin care recipes here.
4. A few drops of Black seed oil - Helps to prevent fine lines, blemishes, age spots, oily or dry skin, and leaves your skin looking soft, young and supple.
Adding any one or more of the ingredients below, will turn the basic egg white mask above into a dry skin treatment. All you need to do, is add and mix.
1 tsp. Honey – Honey stimulates the renewal of
skin cells. It is a natural humectant. This means that it draws moisture from
the air into the skin. More honey mask recipes.
1 tbsp. Full cream milk – This is a good, cheap
and convenient natural remedy for dry skin.
Egg yolk – Instead of separating the egg, you
can whip the whole egg to make an egg yolk facial mask. An egg yolk mask is rich
in Vitamin A аnd fatty acids, which makes it great for dry, flaky skin.
1 Mashed tbsp. of banana or Avocado - The
potassium in bananas help to hydrate and moisturize the skin. Avocado oil penetrates
quite deep, and leaves the skin soft and smooth.
Once you have mixed your specific ingredients to your egg
white, you can apply it to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off,
patt dry and apply a natural moisturizer. Our natural DIY moisturiser recipes.