Getting Rid of Stretch Marks
Get rid of stretch marks the natural way
Stretch marks are mostly due to weight gain, weight loss and pregnancy.
Whenever the skin is stretched to its limit, it may tear and therefore leave ugly stretch marks. Stretch marks are seen as red lines at first, but become lighter in color over time.
Can stretch marks go away? If you catch them while they are still
healing, you can greatly reduce the appearance of stretch marks. There
is no 100% natural stretch mark removal treatment, but you can help them
heal much faster.
Search “stretch marks photos" in Google pics to see what stretch marks look like.
So what causes stretch marks?
Things that may cause or contribute to getting stretch marks
One of the biggest causes of stretch marks is pregnancy. Pregnancy
stretch marks and breast stretch marks go hand in hand sometimes
(especially if Mom is carrying more than one baby).
• Weight gain and weight loss.
• Hormonal changes and puberty.
• Muscle building can lead to weight lifting stretch marks.
• Family history of stretch marks.
• Ethnicity: Darker skin individuals are less likely to get stretch marks.
Areas of the body that are mostly affected
Abdominal area, breasts, thighs, and upper arms.
The best answer to stretch mark issues, is to try to prevent stretch marks in the first place.
How to prevent stretch marks:
Exercise keeps your skin firm and helps in preventing stretch marks to a
certain degree. Avoid excessive weight lifting, which can also stretch
• Diet: Eat plenty of foods containing
Vitamin C and E, which promote tissue growth. Moms who are expecting
should try to keep weight gain to a minimal, this will help prevent
• Oils: Keep your skin supple and
hydrated by applying tissue oils or vitamin E oil. Especially important
during the last few months of pregnancy and when trying to lose weight.
• Folic Acid:
Moms who are pregnant are usually given folic acid tablets for the
growth of baby, but Folic acid can also help heal stretch marks from the
• Hydration: Keeping the skin
moisturised by using creams regularly and by drinking plenty of water
daily, will keep skin hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
Coconut oil is a great moisturiser and can also protect your skin from
How to reduce stretch marks:
• Half part jojoba and half vitamin E oil. Mix and rub into stretch marks at least once daily. This will help new red stretch marks, heal quicker and better.
• Cocoa butter for stretch marks: Cocoa butter cream is a known home remedy for stretch marks and will help reduce the appearance of them.
• Almond oil
is especially good for treating stretch marks because of its high
vitamin E content. Vitamin E moisturises and helps build collagen and
elastin. Almond oil is also safe to use during pregnancy.
• Lavender and chamomile oil is also often used for massaging the affected areas during pregnancy and lactation.
• Some have found good results by scrubbing the stretch marks with an apricot scrub. Oats scrubs are also just as affective.
• Rid stretch marks with Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera contains salicylic acid which helps remove stretch marks. You
can place Aloe on the skin topically or put some Aloe Vera in a morning
smoothie. Aloe can be mixed with some jojoba or olive oil for a great
topical stretch mark treatment.
• Take a daily vitamin supplement of Vitamin E and K.
• Removing stretch marks via surgery and other invasive treatments like laser removal of stretch marks: This is a last resort and can be very expensive.
Red stretch marks usually get itchy when they start to heal. Do not
scratch your stretch marks, you could do more damage. A warm shower and
massage oil should help with itchiness.
• Avoid any skin products containing alcohol, which will just dry out the skin.
Top of getting rid of stretch marks page
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page on getting rid of stretch marks
* Vitamin E benefits
* Aloe Vera benefits
Have you found a way to eliminate stretch marks? Share your experience here…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
End of getting rid of stretch marks page