Herpes and pimples can look the same but they are very different from each other. In the beginning stages of herpes, it may look like pimples, but in later stages, herpes becomes more obvious.
There are Two Major Kinds of Herpes
- Herpes simplex type one that is oral.
- Herpes simplex type two, found on the genitals and considered an STD.
The main difference between Herpes and pimples, are that herpes can not be cured and pimples can.
What is Herpes?
Herpes is a skin disease and is caused by a virus; it affects the mouth and the genitals.
Herpes can be transmitted through skin to skin contact and sexual encounters. It can be diagnosed with a DNA blood test called a "herpes type-specific IgG " blood test.
Even if there is no cure for herpes it can be controlled with drugs like Valtrex and Famvir that help control outbreaks and the spread of the disease.
Symptoms of Herpes
● Burns, bumps, or pimples on the infected area.
● Discomfort while urinating.
● Swollen lymph glands.
● Muscle ache.
● Burning sensation in the genitals.
● Lower back pain.
What are Pimples?
Pimples are oil glands on the skin that get infected with bacteria and begin to swell up and full up with puss.
One of the causes of pimples are dead skin cells that stick together and block the pores.
Signs and Symptoms of Pimples
● Whiteheads - These are very small and remain under the skin, look like a small, flesh-coloured papule.
● Blackheads - These are clearly noticeable; they are black and appear on the surface of the skin.
● Papules - these are small, solid, rounded bumps that rise from the skin. The bumps are often pink.
Pustules - These are pimples full of pus. They are clearly visible on
the surface of the skin. It is a red spot with the puss on top.
● Nodules – These are similar to pustules but larger. They are very painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
● Cysts - These are clearly visible on the surface of the skin and commonly cause scars. They are filled with pus and are usually painful.
Do you have something to share about this?
Bottom herpes look like a pimple of page.