Home Remedies For Dry Scalp
Dry scalp remedies ~ How to treat dry scalp
Need home remedies for dry scalp?
A dry itchy scalp is a
common skin problem, effecting as much as 70% of people, men, women and
children. This condition usually occurs because of an oil and moisture
Things that may cause dry scalp
- This condition is usually worse during winter months because of the dry cold weather.
- Hot weather during summer months
- Food allergies can cause an extremely dry scalp
- A dietary deficiency can cause dry scalp problems.
- Certain ingredients like fragrances, alcohol and sodium lauryl sulfate in shampoos and other products can cause dry scalp.
- An overuse of products on the scalp can change the PH balance of the scalp.
can strip the skin from moisture.
Dry scalp treatment tips
- Use natural shampoos and stay clear from shampoos containing sodium lauryl salfate
- Sometimes just switching the type of shampoo you use can clear the problem. Use a natural shampoo.
- Avoid using gels, mousses and hairsprays, they can dry the skin out even more.
- Also limit the use of a heat iron and hair dryer.
- Eat a well balanced diet, avoiding too many salts, sugars, fats and alcohol.
- Wash your hair with warm water, not hot.
Massaging your scalp will help for circulation and improve the dry
flaky scalp condition by stimulating the flow of natural oils.
Home remedies for dry scalp
- Dry scalp
shampoo ~ Treat dry scalp with shampoos that contain Tea tree oil or
apply tea tree oil directly to the dry area. The tea tree oil is a well
known dry scalp remedy and will help heal the skin.
- Shea butter can be massaged into the scalp. This will moisturize, sooth, help for healing as well as blood circulation.
- Look for natural shampoos that contain Urea, which will add moisture to skin.
- Use a hot oil treatment as a dry scalp home remedy ~ This can be bought at most beauty supply stores.
- Start taking a vitamin supplement that contains Vitamin E, B6, B12 and take extra omega 3, 6 and 9 oils.
- Massage some organic coconut oil into your scalp before shampooing. Give a good, long massage to get maximum benefits.
- Olive oil & jojoba oil can also be used as a head massage.
- Other ingredients in dry scalp treatments: Basil, Chamomile, Clary sage, Lavender, Lemon and Myrrh
Oils for healthy hair and scalp
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with home home remedies for dry scalp
Want to share your own home remedy for dry scalp?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?