Home Remedies For Dry Skin
Natural dry skin remedies ~ Our home remedies for dry skin
Having dry skin or dry skin patches is a common skin problem. What
causes dry skin? Dry skin is usually caused because your skin is
producing less oil and retaining less water than it should, this is
something that often happens during the winter months because they are
less humid therefore resulting in dry winter skin.
Usual dry skin areas
- Dry skin on legs
- Arms, back, chest, abdomen
- Dry skin on feet
- The cheeks and sometimes you can even find dry skin around the eyes
A dry skin disorder can be very uncomfortable and can cause cracked, scaly skin if not seen to.
You don’t have to live with dry cracked skin…
Causes of dry skin & dry patches of skin
Environmental factors as mentioned above including cold and less humid
weather conditions and also air pollution are a major cause of dry skin.
- The use of harsh soaps can cause severe dry skin. Don’t use soap for dry skin, but preferably use a
natural homemade cleanser.
- Exposure to household cleaners or other chemicals.
- Deficiencies such as Vitamin E, A and/or B deficiency.
- Dry skin conditions or dry skin disease like dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.
- Age is a major factor. The older you get, the less moisture and oils are kept in your skin resulting in aging dry skin.
- The sun can cause dry peeling skin and is an overall dry skin cause
- Exposure to too much water, especially hot water can cause extremely dry skin.
- It is also part hereditary.
- The use of excess make-up.
Looking for a home remedy for dry skin?
Dry skin remedies…
- Use natural moisturizers like cold pressed, organic olive oil for dry skin. Here is a list of
including ones specially for dry skin on the face. The best ingredients for homemade dry skin moisturizers.
- Egg yolk is great for dry flaking skin. Apply all over the dry area and then when it becomes hard, wash off with warm water. Egg facial mask recipes.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply to the dry skin, leave for at least 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water. More facial mask recipes
- Grapeseed oil, sesame oil or avocado oil can be massaged into dry skin.
Honey is an excellent moisturizer and can be applied to the skin just
as is, leave on for as long as you can (at least 15 minutes) Rinse off
with warm water. Honey stimulates the renewal of skin cells and is a
well know cure for dry skin. Four DIY honey mask recipes.
- Aloe Vera gel applied to the dry areas will help with dry flakey skin
Full cream milk can be dabbed on dry skin with a cotton ball. Leave for
15 minutes then rinse off. This is a good, cheap and convenient natural
remedy for dry skin
- Some teas can be drunk as an internal
remedy for dry skin. To name a few: marshmallow, dandelion, peppermint,
calendula, borage, and chamomile
- Other things that can be
applied to your skin whole to treat dry skin (just make sure they are
organic) apple pulp, avocado pulp, apricot pulp, comfrey root, grape
pulp, mango pulp, yogurt.
- Adding spices such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander to your food can help soothe and relieve severely dry skin.
The best moisturizer for dry skin will always be drinking plenty of
water to replace the moisture that is missing in the skin. Drink at
least 8 glasses of water daily for good hydration.
- The best lotion for dry skin ~ A lotion for dry skin that contains jojoba oil, almond oil or coconut oil.
- Natural mayonnaise can be applied as a dry skin remedy, left on for 15 minutes than rinsed off.
Top of home remedies for dry skin page
Things you can add to your bath water for dry flaky skin
- A few drops of lavender oil
- Bath oils or baby oil
Things to remember
- Using hot water when bathing can make a dry skin situation worse, it is best to bath or shower in warm water.
- Regular exercise can improve blood circulation and will encourage your skin to produce oils that will combat the dryness.
- Alcohol, caffeine, smoking and excess salts in your diet should be avoided. These things cause dry skin.
Vitamins for dry skin ~ Eating a good variety of fruits and vegetables
including things rich in Vit. A, E and B will help reduce dry skin
- Dry facial skin ~ If your face is dry you can use
mineral water when washing it instead of tap water, this is less harsh
on the skin.
- Taking daily omega oil supplements can help
restore and prevent dry skin. If you hate taking supplements you can
replace these with plenty of oily fish, nuts and seeds.
- Stay away from skin products that contain alcohol which has been found to cause extreme dry skin
- Always pat dry, do not rub your skin dry. By patting your skin dry you are not wiping away all the oils and moisture.
Always use a moisturizer after a bath or shower to remove and prevent
dry scaly skin. This is especially true for winter dry skin.
- Avoid the sun where possible, and always use a good sun block product.
Get in at least 8 hours of sleep every 24 hours. Your body will
retaliate if you deprive it from sleep, and this could be causing your
dry skin problem.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with home remedies for dry skin
- Basic skin care plus dry skin care advice
- Dry itchy skin (all on itchy dry skin problems)
- Moisturizing dry skin with all natural products
- The best soap for dry skin is an all natural dry skin cleanser
- Dry cracked feet and cracked heels
- Dry knees and elbows
- Dry facial skin care
- Dry cracked lips
Got your own dry skin cure you want to share? Want to ask a question about home remedies for dry skin?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?