Natural remedies can be sometimes even more effective than over the counter medications. A commercial nail fungus treatment and nail fungus medication can contain chemicals that may do more harm than good.
Firstly, make sure you have fungus of the nail and not just discoloration of the nail. If you file the nail on top and it becomes clear underneath, it is most probably not a fungus infection.
The remedies below are for toe nail fungus cures, but can be used for finger nail fungus too.
Symptoms of toe nail fungus infection:
* Nail fungus symptoms, may start as a white or yellow spot on the
nail, which can finally cause discoloration of the whole nail.
* Thickening of the nail may occur in some with nail fungus infections.
* Brittle pieces may form. The nail may start crumbling away. With severe nail fungus, a toenail may fall off completely.
* Some do find it painful.
* Some complain about a bad odor.
Cause of toe nail fungus:
* One of the most common causes of nail fungus is warm, moist environments.
* Athletes foot is caused by the same fungus, if you have athletes
foot, the fungus can be spread to the nails causing nail fungus and vice
Treatment for nail fungus
Toe nail fungus remedies
* Tea tree oil nail fungus remedy:
can be applied topically in its pure form or with a carrier such as olive
oil. Tea tree oil is a strong antifungal.
* Cure nail fungus with
ACV: Soak your feet in equal parts Apple cider vinegar and warm water.
Plain white vinegar works well too. Soak your feet at least 30minutes 3
times per day. The vinegar toe nail fungus remedy should relive some
itching but will also cause the PH of your skin to normalize, therefore
it will get rid of nail fungus.
* Other essential oils that are antifungal and antiseptic that can be
used topically for the treatment of nail fungus. Oregano oil, Eucalyptus
oil, Sesame oil, Castor oil, Lavender oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil,
Clove oil, Thyme oil, and lemongrass oil.
* Dietary supplements
that will help boost the immune system and get rid of this problem from
the inside out include; Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin A and Probiotics.
* Vicks nail fungus home remedy: Some have had good results with vicks
for nail fungus treatment. Just apply liberally after washing. Apply
Vicks vaporub for nail fungus as often as possible.
How to treat nail fungus ~ Prevention and other important things to know
Toe nail fungus treatment tips
* Avoid using nail polish on your toe nails
* Wear open shoes as often as possible, so that your toes can get sunlight and fresh air.
* You can buy an antibacterial spray for shoes, especially if you have
to wear closed shoes during the day. You can also buy antifungal
powders to keep your feet dry.
* Boil your socks to get rid of any stubborn fungus.
* Hydrogen peroxide for nail fungus prevention: Keep carpets
fungus-free, by using Hydrogen peroxide during the cleaning of them;
this will prevent you from getting re-infected.
* Always take a
good multivitamin daily including something that contains Omega 3 oils.
Primrose and Emu oil are also great for skin care.
* Use paper
towels when drying your infected feet. If you use a material towel, you
will need to leave it in hot boiling water to remove any fungus as not
to re-infect yourself.
* Keep the nails clean and short to prevent infecting other parts of your body.
* Wear socks that are made from breathable fabrics such as cotton.
* Prevent from getting nail fungus by always wearing sandals when at
public places like public showers or swimming pool areas.
* Sterilize anything that comes into contact with your feet, so that you
do not keep infecting yourself. For example: Sheets, towels, nail
scissors or nail clippers.
Our recommended home toe nail fungus remedy, step by step
How to cure nail fungus…
Firstly, you will need to trim the nails and file them down if they
have thickened. The remedy will work better, if the products can get to
the fungus which is sometimes deep within the nail or under the nail.
2. Wash your feet well with warm water and soap.
3. Vinegar nail fungus soak: Soak your feet for 30 minutes in 50% Apple cider vinegar 50% warm water. Dry your feet well.
4. Rub some fresh garlic onto the problem area and leave for 10 minutes.
Rinse off, dry well and apply a few drops of pure Tea tree oil or some
tea tree oil mixed in some coconut oil. Use at least three to five drops
of Tea tree at once.
6. Take a good multivitamin daily. We recommend you take a garlic supplement and Omega 3 supplement too.
We have seen best results in people who have taken Emu oil as a daily
supplement. Emu oil is not only good for skin and nails, but is good for
overall health of the body. Emu oil can also be applied topically...buy the oil here.
Use these natural remedies for nail fungus for at least 6 weeks for best results.