Keratosis Pilaris Treatment
What is keratosis pilaris?
This is a harmless follicular condition of the skin that shows itself as
small bumps that look like acne. It is often called chicken skin. This
condition is usually worse during the winter months. Keratosis pilaris
rubra is a form of this condition, but just with a more prominent look
to it, the skin is red and the spots are more visible.
Where on the body is it mostly found?
- Keratosis pilaris rubra faceii ~ Red KP found on the cheeks
- Back of your arms & above the elbows
- On the thighs and top of legs
- On the buttocks
- On the palms of your hands
- Soles of your feet
Have a look at the keratosis pilaris image…
Keratosis pilaris symptoms
- Small bumps that look like acne
- May look red and inflamed
- Dry patches of skin
- May be itchy at times
What are the causes of keratosis pilaris?
Keratosis pilaris cause
- It is hereditary
- Fluctuation of hormones (especially in women)
- Food allergies. Some people find, that if they eliminate dairy from their diet, the symptoms subside.
- Harsh soaps and laundry detergents or contact with chemicals
- Some believe yeast and/or mites might cause this condition too.
Keratosis pilaris home remedies
Keratosis pilaris remedy
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a wash
- Coconut oil keratosis pilaris ~ Coconut oil can be used as a moisturizer and helps smooth the skin out.
- Neem oil can be applied topically as a treatment for keratosis pilaris
- Drink fresh green juices in the mornings for breakfast to flush out your system
- Stop drinking caffeine and alcoholic beverages.
- Sun exposure is one of the best and cheapest remedies for Keratosis Pilaris
- Some people say the only thing that helped them was to change their eating habits completely to a raw food diet.
- Colon cleanses have been found to clear the skin from all types of problems.
- Keratosis pilaris vitamins and oils...
* Some believe that drinking a Vitamin D supplement has acted as a cure for keratosis pilaris
Keratosis pilaris vitamin a ~ Vitamin A is needed for normal health, so
it is safe to say that you could definitely help the condition of your
skin overall if you take a vitamin A supplement.
* Grapeseed extract as a supplement.
* Treat keratosis pilaris with an Evening primrose oil as a supplement
* Emu oil
is used for many skin disorders, including Keratosis Pilaris. Some have
found that “chicken skin" clears up within three weeks after taking
this. Emu oil comes in
that will help clear the problem from the inside out, it can also be purchased as a
or pure oil that can be applied topically.
Other treatment keratosis pilaris
- Keratosis pilaris laser hair removal
- Keratosis pilaris microdermabrasion
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with keratosis Pilaris treatment
Share your keratosis pilaris pictures… or share your keratosis pilaris cure…
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?