Most people who suffer from psoriasis, especially hand psoriasis will
also to some degree have nail psoriasis. Psoriasis of the nails can get
really serious and even lift the nail from the nail bed.
Read more about the different types of psoriasis here
Read more about alternative medication for psoriasis
Toenail and fingernail psoriasis…
Nail psoriasis symptoms
- A psoriasis fingernail or toenail can sometimes have little indents on the nail called pitting of the nail matrix.
- Nail discoloration that looks like an “oil drop" or drop of blood under the nail.
- Air pockets under the nail (nail lifting at certain places)
- Thickening of the skin that is under the nail, this will usually cause the nail to lift.
- The nail crumbles away, usually from the end of the nail to the cuticle.
- Lines on the nails found side to side not root to tip.Psoriasis nails tips
- Keep the nails trimmed and short. Soak the finger or toenails and file them carefully.
- For toenail psoriasis Wear shoes that are not too tight to keep pressure off of the toenails.
- Be gentle as not to injure yourself and make psoriasis of the nail worse
You can ask your doctor about a nail psoriasis treatment with a
chemical ointment that can remove the nail within seven days. This will
open the area so that you can use other means of getting fid of the
psoriasis, because medication can then be applied directly on the nail
- You need to continue treatment and care for the length of time it takes for a whole new nail to grow out.
- Keep your nails clean and dry.
Nails psoriasis remedies
- Vitamin D calcipotriol creams can be massaged into the cuticle twice per day.
- Psoriasis oils ~ Soak your nails & psoriasis on hands in coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, coal tar oil
-Black Cumin Seed oil
has an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great moisturizer which is very
good for skin repair. It can be directly applied or used as a
supplement and is one of the top super foods. It is packed with
vitamins, anti-oxidants, minerals and essential fatty acids.
- Take a supplement that is for skin, hair & nails
Other alternative remedies
Colloidal Silver provides superb wound care when it is used topical for treatment of burns, eczema, psoriasis, thrush, and periodontitis.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
* Causes of Psoriasis.
* Symptoms of Psoriasis.
* Pictures of Psoriasis.
* More Psoriasis remedies
* Swollen itchy hands
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?