Over Cleansing Your Skin
When you over-cleanse your skin, you are taking away all the natural
oils that keep your skin healthy.
Some people with oilier skins
sometimes try to get rid of the extra oil by over cleansing, but this
can sometimes do more harm than good, by stripping the skin of it's
essential oils. This will usually leave your skin feeling tight and dry.
If your skin feels taught and dry it might be a sign that you are
using a cleanser that is too harsh for your skin. Cleansers that contain
alcohol can also cause the skin to lose its natural oils.
Overcleansing can cause:
- Rashes. Your skin is usually more sensitive to products and substances when over-cleansed.
- Acne is caused because your skin tried to compensate for the oil loss.
Moisturizers also have a difficult time sinking into the skin, which
means that they sit on the skin's surface and cause acne problems.
Seborrheic dermatitis. Flaky, red skin.
Dry spots of skin.
What to do?
To prevent overcleanising you will need to have balance...
- Try to clean your skin once or at the most twice per day.
- If you use masks or scrubs they should only be used once per week.
- Always use a moisturizer after cleansing your skin.
Always use products that are suited for your specific skin type. Dry, oily or combination skin.
- Also use natural products instead of over the counter products that are full of chemicals.
Get more advice on daily skin care on remedies for skin…
Top of over cleansing page
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...