How to remove whiteheads and clogged pores
What are whiteheads?
So what is a whitehead? Whiteheads are a form of acne called whiteheads comedones. “whitehead pimples” are often found on the face, but may occur anywhere on the body.
These white little bumps are usually filled with the same substance (sebum) as a blackhead but, a whitehead pimple does not have an opening to the surface of the skin. Because of a whitehead being under the skin, without an opening, the air cannot get to it to oxidize it and turn it black.
What can I do about severe whiteheads on face?
You can home remedy whiteheads! Facial whiteheads can be treated the same as any other areas of the body.
Natural remedies for removing whiteheads
These homemade treatments for whiteheads should be used consistently over a period of a few weeks for best results.
- The most important step in removing whiteheads is to use steam to open up and soften your skins pores. Place some boiling water in a bowl and put a towel over your head while keeping your face a few centimeters away from the water.
- Tea tree oil for getting rid of whiteheads ~ Regular application of tea tree oil on problem areas has been found to be much more affective than any other acne medication.
- Treating whiteheads with salt~ Make a paste of salt with water, rub into problem skin areas with circular motions to exfoliate and clean the skin. Rinse off with warm water and apply a natural moisturizer. Mashed avocado is a great natural moisturizer for oily skin.
- Cure whiteheads with Aloe Vera ~ Fresh Aloe Vera is best to use. Cut the leaf of the Aloe plant and apply to the skin whiteheads. It is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Treat whitehead areas with Baking soda ~ Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the whitehead, leave on for as long as possible.
- Eliminate whiteheads with Toothpaste ~ Can be used in the same way as the baking soda
- Clear whiteheads with Lemon juice ~ Lemons contain loads of vitamin C, which is great for the skin. You could cut a lemon in half and dip it into salt, rub this onto your whiteheads to exfoliate and cleanse. Rinse off and apply a natural moisturizer.
- Raw oatmeal and honey whiteheads removal ~ can be rubbed into the skin. The oatmeal exfoliates while the honey keeps the skin healthy and prevents
- Emu oil ~ Emu oil has been found to eliminate bad acne including whiteheads within days of use. Clean your skin with a natural cleanser then apply the pure Emu oil as a moisturizer or apply the already made Emu oil moisturizer.
Acne treatment preventing whiteheads
Your diet has a lot to do with the treatment of whiteheads. By just changing your eating habits, you can change the appearance and health of your skin.
Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and stay away from too many fats, salts, preservatives and caffeinated products. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to flush out your system for the prevention of whiteheads.
What causes whiteheads?
An extra oily skin can cause whiteheads, read more on how to handle an oily skin. Things that can cause oily skin include stress, immune system disorders, the use of steroids, puberty, allergies, hormonal changes such as during menstruation.
- Natural acne remedies
Share your acne and whiteheads remedy…
Do you have something to share about this?