Psoriasis on scalp areas
More than half the persons suffering from psoriasis, will suffer from
scalp psoriasis too. Psoriasis of the scalp can vary from dandruff-like
flakes to severe scalp psoriasis with large thick scales. It can cover
only parts of the scalp, or can cover the whole scalp including some of
the neck, forehead and ear area.
Scalp psoriasis symptoms
- Scaly skin.
- Dry skin.
- Bleeding because of cracking.
- A tight feeling on the scalp.
Other symptoms of Psoriasis.
Causes of scalp psoriasis
- An immune system that is down, Stress or anxiety, Hormonal changes, Hereditary factors
Read more in detail on the causes of Psoriasis
Home remedies for scalp psoriasis
- Chamomile tea can be made and left to cool, then used to rinse the scalp and hair.
- Products containing Urea are great for treating scalp psoriasis
- Coal tar shampoo has been used as a treatment for scalp psoriasis many times
- Oils that can be massaged into the scalp: Neem oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, tamanu oil
- You can use all the remedies on the
(scalp psoriasis remedy page)
, but you will need to protect your pillows and benches from getting
messed on. You can use a plastic cap and cover your hair while you are
using a treatment.
- You can also ask your doctor about scalp psoriasis treatment with light therapy.
- More home remedies for Psoriasis
scalp psoriasis tips
- Use shampoos that are sulphate free
-Black Cumin Seed oil is a great moisturizer. It can be directly applied or used as a
supplement and is one of the top super foods. It is packed with
vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids.
- Avoid using dyes and other harsh products on your head
- Avoid eating gluten and refined white carbohydrates
- Avoid eating too much meat and dairy too
- Avoid scratching at the scalp
Oils for Healthy Hair and Scalp
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
- Coconut oil Psoriasis cure
- Psoriasis remedies
- Types of psoriasis
- Photos of Psoriasis
- Colloidal Silver
Want to share your own scalp psoriasis cure or scalp treatment for psoriasis?
Leave your thoughts or advice...
Do you have something to share about this?