Should I squeeze a blackhead?
Some say that their pores get bigger from blackhead squeezing while others believe that doing so can help open and clear the pores of the skin.
Reasons why you should avoid squeezing blackheads
1. Blackhead popping can cause infection and cause extra pimples
2. You can scar your skin when you pop a blackhead
So how should blackheads be removed?
Here are some other preferred blackhead extractor methods for getting rid of blackheads…
- Blackhead extraction with day to day care. Here are a list of natural cleansers that can be used daily to help remove blackheads with time. This is the best way to remove blackheads and can also help prevent blackheads
- Blackhead remover tool ~ There are special blackhead extractors that remove the blackhead without pressing the skin. You can ask your beautician about these types of facials.
- Pore strip blackhead removers ~ These are sticky little adhesive strips that can pull a few blackheads out at once. ( some are allergic to these )
If you have a huge blackhead and absolutely have to push the blackhead out yourself, you can follow these...
Guidelines for home blackhead removal…
1. Steam your face before squeezing blackheads. This will soften the pores so that the blackheads pop out easily.
2. Wash your face with one of the natural cleansers
3. Wash your hands with an antibacterial soap to prevent infecting the skins pores with any bacteria when you pop blackheads.
4. Squeeze a blackhead only if it does not hurt, when you start to feel pain, you must know that you are damaging your skin.
5. Rinse your face with cool water to close the pores after popping blackheads. Use a natural moisturizer that contains tea tree oil.
- Just cleaning blackheads daily with a cleanser can prevent blackheads
- Do not squeeze a pimple that is underneath the skin (that doesn’t have an opening to the surface)
- The best blackhead prevention is to stop touching your face! Touching your face can spread bacteria.
Blackhead pop! Share your thoughts on the blackhead squeeze…
Do you have something to share about this?