A sugar allergy is an inflammatory reaction that is caused by consuming sugar. The main cause of sugar allergies are the malfunctioning of the immune system.
It is actually not the sugar that causes the allergy, it is the protein found in sugar that causes a chemical reaction.Symptoms of sugar allergies show up when the body cannot process the sugar.
Sugar Allergy Symptom
Sugar allergy symptoms include:
● Tiredness and headaches is one of the symptoms of sugar allergy.
● Depression and anger.
● Being addicted to sugar.
● Lung problems.
● Respiratory infections like inflammation in the airways.
● Asthmatic attacks.
● Sinus infection and hay fever.
● Bloating and abdominal cramps.
● Flatulence and diarrhea.
● Canker sores.
Sugar allergies and allergy sugar symptoms are very difficult to manage, because many foods contain sugar, from the lactose in dairy products to the fructose in fruit, but there are substitutes like:
* Stevia - It’s is a herb native to Paraguay. for centuries it has been used as a sweetener in food. It can be found in heath food stores.
* Aspartame - It is most commonly found in soft drinks. It’s used as an artificial sweetener and was first introduced in the United Stated in 1981. It is also available in powder form.
* Sucralose - This is a sweetener derived from sucrose sugar. It does not contain any calories. It is essential for baking and cooking.
* Sprinkle – This is an artificial sweetener used most commonly on doughnuts’ for a satisfying sugar alternative.
Xylitol – It is found in fruits and vegetables as a carbohydrate.
it can be found in powder or liquid form, and it has been used as a
sweetener since 1960. It is also an ingredient in toothpastes and
Tips to Reduce Sugar Allergies
If deciding to cut down or give up sugar, try to avoid artificial sweeteners as much as you can. Making your sugar intake less, will improve your chances of avoiding allergy symptoms.
Too much sugar or corn syrup can stress the digestive system and can interfere with the absorption of vitamins and minerals.
Sugar can also upset your metabolism. A large intake of sugar can give you an energy rush that can spike your insulin and create imbalance in your body...this can lead to forgetfulness, confusion, depression and ADHD.
Consuming less sugar or using an alternative sweetener can reduce the symptoms.
Other pages on remedies for skin in connection with this page
Do you have something to share about this?
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
End of sugar allergy page